Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello fellas just wanted to show off my new mark III that i got today, It came down between this mark III or a Ruger blackhawk in 44mag, i had this itch that i want a 44mag so i went to the shop to get one but i started doing the math on my head how much will i shoot the 44mag vs this mark III well its simple economics so here she is...but man i liked the blackhawk too:(

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
That is so sw-we-ee-et! I have a Ruger MK III Hunter 22 LR that I target practice with and I love it. There is a Ruger forum like this XD forum -- I think the discussion is better on this one but it's good to know its there. Congrats on the gun!

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Sweet,
I looked at a Hunter, 6 7/8 inch barrel.
Bass Pro had it. Three days later, they raised the price $57.
Went home empty handed, not because of not having the money.....
Kills me that every few days they raise ammo prices or gun prices.
I know what they can use for a fishing pole holder.

·
Premium Member
1,821 Posts
You'll love it.... I have one just like it...

Now go to your local Box store and get 10 boxes of 22LR because you're gonna need it.

With that said...... I have noticed that WallyWorld has "REALLY" jacked the price up on the 550 box of 22LR......... while a few others have gone down...... not that one......

·
Premium Member
127,764 Posts
Hey, that looks just like mine! What a great pistol.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Must...not...be...jealous!

Cool piece there. I gotta get me a 22/45.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I've got a MKIII in silver with the black grips. PITA to take down and put back together the first few times, but awesome shooter.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Congrats on the new MKIII. It looks really nice! I still have the old MKII and I like it. They make great guns. So who sells .22lr at a decent price anymore?

Chapie+

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the kind word and yes i love the grips its one of the reason why i got it..

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've got a MKIII in silver with the black grips. PITA to take down and put back together the first few times, but awesome shooter.
Ain't that the truth?

When I was reading the owner's manual and there was a line in there about how you might have to lightly tap the receiver with a rubber mallet while resting the barrel on a piece of soft wood I was just thinking "Nahhhhh. It can't be that bad!"

Three hours later--yes I did end up using the rubber mallet and piece of pine--I finally had the thing back together. The scenario was:
  1. Attempt to insert bolt retaining pin and fold mainspring assembly back into grip.
  2. Become frustrated.
  3. Realize I was getting p.o.ed and think "I'd better stop before I break something."
  4. Walk away for a half hour.
  5. Repeat.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats too funny!! thats one reason i never ever disassemble my rugers becs i know they are PITA to put back together..I just lock the slide and clean it from there...

Ain't that the truth?

When I was reading the owner's manual and there was a line in there about how you might have to lightly tap the receiver with a rubber mallet while resting the barrel on a piece of soft wood I was just thinking "Nahhhhh. It can't be that bad!"

Three hours later--yes I did end up using the rubber mallet and piece of pine--I finally had the thing back together. The scenario was:
  1. Attempt to insert bolt retaining pin and fold mainspring assembly back into grip.
  2. Become frustrated.
  3. Realize I was getting p.o.ed and think "I'd better stop before I break something."
  4. Walk away for a half hour.
  5. Repeat.

·
Registered
324 Posts
You'll love it.... I have one just like it...

Now go to your local Box store and get 10 boxes of 22LR because you're gonna need it.

With that said...... I have noticed that WallyWorld has "REALLY" jacked the price up on the 550 box of 22LR......... while a few others have gone down...... not that one......
I have a blued 22/45 with a BSA holograghic on it, Will shoot the eyes outa of fly's eye at 50. I just stocked up on 550 boxes (3) I now have almost 2000 rds for plinking,lol. You'll love shooting it every time you pull it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts