• yes

• no

• who cares

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think there should be a new room for subcompact users. I find it hard to filter through all the posts. When it comes to the subs info is much different, especially for buying gear!

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Its hard enough to have to go through all of the sections. Its better to post a question on the main xd section and most likely the question can be answered by a forum user even if he does not own a subcompact. Basically your asking your quetion to the largest audience. Now I will agree with you it is hard to filter all of the information. If you need something goahead and just ask who care if someone replys do a search...eventually you will get your answer.

90% of the sub is the same as the other xd`s and for aftermarket parts you will still get the same answer no matter the forum

Either scott at pistol-gear.com
myself at xd-hs2000.com

we both specialize in the xd

and I wont forget Gunnersalley.com for holsters

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Every other firearm forum I go to has "specialized" sub-groups for the different "classses" of guns a manufacturer makes. It makes finding answers to specific quesitons much easier than tying up bandwidth doing numerous searches. It's a real pain to find specific comments about Sub Compacts by weeding through all the general posts.

Not only do I think we should have a Sub Compact group, but I think we should have a Tactical group as well. People who carrry/shoot a sub compact do not have a particular interest in long distance shooting or squeezing out the most accurate aspects of a gun, it's mainly for personal defense. Tactical folks on the other hand, normally don't carry their tactical for personal defense, but use it for range time and maybe competition.

Just my thoughts, but I think it's good that the forum may be expanding.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I say no. Then we'll have caliber rooms, hs2000 rooms, xd rooms, OD rooms in essence, we do not need another room to cover each topic.

What we could do is ask that people be a little more specific in the title of their threads though. Don't get me wrong, I read almost all of the threads anyway, but ones like, "Umm...." or "xd?" don't really help much. Elsewhere in the forum, maybe, but in the hs2k sa-xd talk room we should be clear what we're talking about, IMO.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
No need. That is what the general XD forum is for. Besides, we need about 3 new forums before we can even consider this. Of that, two being Ammunition, Off Topic.
Those have yet to happen, so this will fail like that suggestion

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
flyerscaptain said:
Also deleting "WTS: sold!" type posts would clean it up a bit!

That involves more active moderation which this forum is against

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Hey Flyer,

I am sure that you if donate money and time, this site would consider your request. Just remember this site is FREE. Sorry for any inconveniences.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
poortrader said:
Hey Flyer,

I am sure that you if donate money and time, this site would consider your request. Just remember this site is FREE. Sorry for any inconveniences.

·
Registered
388 Posts
If it were me, I'd organize this site differently, but I wouldn't setup different sections for each XD variant. What would come of the General XD section? Allowing it to remain would create redundancy and further complicate searches, as one would have to go through two forums.

Frankly, the best thing that could happen to this site is active enforcement of topic restrictions and a reduction in the number of forums. We get so much drivel in the "General XD" forum. The same discussion would be anything but drivel if placed where it belongs. However, how does one decide if a topic about Don's Guide Rod belongs here, in "Accessories," or in the "Don's" forum? There's too much overlap and not enough enforcement, which equates to confusion. Nuff said.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I hate going to other forums someone asks a question and you see that 15 people replyed. Then you go to read the replys and they all say off topic, wrong section, moderator move etc just answer the damn question.

·
Registered
388 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
I hate going to other forums someone asks a question and you see that 15 people replyed. Then you go to read the replys and they all say off topic, wrong section, moderator move etc just answer the damn question.
I wholeheartedly agree. If you have good, active mods, this doesn't happen, though. Users don't feel the need to say "moderator move" if they know the mods will take care of it.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
stealthsniper said:
ajamesp51 said:
I wholeheartedly agree. If you have good, active mods, this doesn't happen, though. Users don't feel the need to say "moderator move" if they know the mods will take care of it.
Yup!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't Shoot! Just a suggestion!

I do agree with stealthsniper though, some restructure would be good. The fact is, it would benefit all of us! I have seen and maybe even started a repetitive topic on here. It is somewhat difficult.

I dont mind donating my time and some money as well, just as long as I know both would be well spent.

Just the week I have been a member, I have learned a lot and appreciate all the great feedback!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I see no need for a SC section. If that's the case we need one for the Tactical. They are all XD's, just minor variations.

As far as the threads go, many seem to drift off topic. I would like to see the mods step in a little more just to keep things on topic and close down useless threads.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
The two or three of use that own an xdgap what our own forum too we will call it xdbulldawgs section why should Glocktalk get all the fun.

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
I'm sorry, but those against expanding the forum catagories are just being short-sighted. You need to look to the future. This forum is going to continue to grow (as we all hope) due to the growing numbers of XD owners. The general forum is quickly become a jumble of information. Can you imagine what forums such as Glocktalk, TheHighRoad, TheFiringLine, etc would be like with just ONE general information forum. It would be a mess, and not very user friendly.

I hope this topic is re-visited in the future when our numbers grow enough to support (or demand) such an expansion :wink:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I say keep all the XD questions in one section. I quit going to the CZ Forum because it's too subdivided.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts