Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new RIA Match and I have heard on m1911 that there could possibly be a rebate. Has anyone else heard this before and if so where can I find out about this rebate? I would also like to thank anyone who has offered their opinions when I have asked for them while deciding on a 1911.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
havnt heard of the rebate but a more important question...where are the pics!!! ha no seriously pics please and how much was it? i'll see if i can dig up an answer to the rebate thing

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
nothing on the armscor website about a rebate

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The camera isn't functioning right now but i will get on it as soon as possible. I paid 590 for it at a show, only two in the building. I was disappointed that it only came with one mag. I broke it in the right way, during my first match.

The slide was ridiculously tight with zero wobble or play. The night before I had to rack it about 500 times to loosen it up (rack 100, spray out with breakfree, repeat). I got out to the match today and wanted to run a few rounds through it to make sure the ol girl would run. I had a few FTE's and I re cleaned it. During the first course I had one FTE on my last shot. I broke it down, shot it out with breakfree, reassembled and racked it 50 times or so, then repeated the breakdown cleaning. The next round, not FTE or for the rest of the day for that matter. I was very impressed with the accuracy pegging 4 in steels at 15-20 yards with ease. I will have to do a formal range session to really evaluate the weapon.

I love this gun, I'll love it even more when I get some Slide Glide Lite. I am definitely a Rock man now.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
The camera isn't functioning right now but i will get on it as soon as possible. I paid 590 for it at a show, only two in the building. I was disappointed that it only came with one mag. I broke it in the right way, during my first match.

The slide was ridiculously tight with zero wobble or play. The night before I had to rack it about 500 times to loosen it up (rack 100, spray out with breakfree, repeat). I got out to the match today and wanted to run a few rounds through it to make sure the ol girl would run. I had a few FTE's and I re cleaned it. During the first course I had one FTE on my last shot. I broke it down, shot it out with breakfree, reassembled and racked it 50 times or so, then repeated the breakdown cleaning. The next round, not FTE or for the rest of the day for that matter. I was very impressed with the accuracy pegging 4 in steels at 15-20 yards with ease. I will have to do a formal range session to really evaluate the weapon.

I love this gun, I'll love it even more when I get some Slide Glide Lite. I am definitely a Rock man now.
wow thats pretty good hell i had a RIA GI and once i got used to the GI sights it was great though nowhere as tight of a fit as the Match version apparently..enjoy it man and feed her well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts