Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got plenty of firearms but there are a few that I would like to get before next year if you know what I mean. 1911 pattern pistol, 10mm pistol of some kind, and a 20" Ar to go with my 14.5 incher.

Last week I filled the 1911 slot with a Taurus PT1911 5" barrel with a railed dust cover. Sweet pistol. No pics yet though mon me and a buddy are going to the range with them. He picked one up at the same time I did as he is the one that put the idea of getting that one in my head.

Maybe have some video also.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
sweet gun I'm not much on the railed 1911's but I'm pretty sure I'll be trading to get a PT-1911 christmas week without the rail. they are great guns. congrats on the new 1911

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks now I need to find a freakin CC holster for this thing. From what I've found (or not found) finding a CC holster for a railed 1911 is almost impossible.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Freakin' smooth shooting firearm. Not quite ready to put the XD and start using it for CC though LOL. Pretty nice firearm just a little heavy but that's to be expected from a 1911 pattern firearm. Didn't have any problems with it at all but the mag well needs to be de-horned it's sharp as hell and I want to put a lot more ammo down range with it before I start to trust it as a defensive weapon.

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL. Someone told me to look to Galco. And that the Blackhawk hoslters are molded to work with railed 1911s. If that's the case I can get away with a BH holster with paddle attachment I've done it with a previous 1911. CCed fine.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Thanks now I need to find a freakin CC holster for this thing. From what I've found (or not found) finding a CC holster for a railed 1911 is almost impossible.
Tucker Gunleather is now making both leather and kydex holsters for the Taurus PT1911 AR with accessory rail. Belt holsters and IWB's.

Also, here's the Silent Thunder Level II holster with two tension screws and a "flip-forward" retention hood for a PT1911AR. It's leather-lined kydex and available with several belt mounting systems.

Link- Silent Thunder Level II Belt Holster

1 - 12 of 12 Posts