Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else heard of this? I spoke with Daniel at PRP and he is sending me 2 to try. He said it will keep trigger pull in the 5 lbs range with stock striker spring. I already installed the kit with sear. He said they are just developing this new disconnector.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The kit doesn't replace the stock disconnector, only the spring. I am going to install the new disconnector along with kit already done.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Has anyone else heard of this? I spoke with Daniel at PRP and he is sending me 2 to try. He said it will keep trigger pull in the 5 lbs range with stock striker spring. I already installed the kit with sear. He said they are just developing this new disconnector.
Did he actually state that the new disconnector would reduce the pull beyond the 5lb range if added with the spring+sear kit?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I installed it last night with a new lighter spring. I am going out to check trigger pull weight and test it out later today. I'll post results. Daniel just told me it would be around what it was with kit and sear but with stock spring. It feels a bit lighter. If I get any light primer strikes again ( only monarch steel) I may go back with stock spring just for peace of mind. It takes minutes to swap them out so when I am shooting targets I may go back to lighter one. Not sure yet.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I've had a few light primer strikes with the pre-recall spring kit and the post-recall spring kit (using federal ammo). So if this lets me keep the stock spring with a lighter trigger I'm all for it. 8)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok here are some results within a few oz. My Xds with full prp kit was about 5 lbs 2 oz. Prp kit and prp disconnector was about 4 lbs 10 oz. it felt like the more it broke in the lighter it would be. Same gun with prp kit and disconnector with stock striker spring was 5 lbs 5 oz. My dads Xds with prp full kit and stock striker spring was 5 lbs 15 oz. Installed prp disconnector and it went down to about 5 lbs 5 oz. with stock striker spring. Forgive me if I am a couple oz off. I only did about 3 pulls. So to sum it up, prp kit with sear and new disconnector is 4 lbs 10 oz or so. These numbers may differ from pull angle and instruments used. I am only comparing before and after. Lyman pull gauge.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good info.....appreciate your taking the time to perform all those measurements. Sounds like I should see approx. 4-5oz pull reduction if I went that route.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would say that's right. It was not hard to do. Getting the disconnector back in the hole was the hardest part.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Tip.
Keep your finger on the pin holding the disco in place. It loves sliding out when you are trying to install the safety.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Spoke with Todd today re purchase and benefit of the disconnector with my pistol which has the spring/sear kit and a 5lb pull. His comment was at 5lb he would not see any real benefit to adding the disconnector. It does depend upon your current pull weight and if it is greater than 5, say 6-7, sounds like it could be more effective. Unfortunately, PRP has not performed and recorded pull measurements which leaves us to guess. I'm sure some will add it just because they want the newest and even a few ounces is worth it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I got one because Springfield would not send out a replacement for the original one which had peeling chrome on it.
They wanted me to send it to them.
So I asked, when did I sign the lease paperwork? Cause as far as I can tell, I bought it. No reason for your grubby hands to ever touch it again.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The one thing that I have noticed now that my trigger pull is near 4 lbs. is that readjusting the striker and striker spring makes a difference in pull weight,
The first time I really noticed it was when I got my G17 down to 2.75 lbs. of pull.
The XDs has shown itself to do the same thing.
So, when I have the slide off, I always check the movement of the striker. If its a bit notchy, I play around with the spring placement and alignment within the channel.
I suppose this sounds a little obsessive, but it actually helps out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts