Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new XD9 Tactical for use in USPSA Production. Been using a G17, will try it out this weekend see how it works, havent posted much in here but you will be hearing more from me. by the way THANKS TO THE PEOPLE AT PISTOL GEAR FOR GETTING ME MY HOLSTER AND MAG CATCH SO SOON.

Kevin

·
Registered
889 Posts
Congratulations on your new gun, and you made a good choice even if I like the 40 better.
I tried production this year for the first time, shot 2 matches with a XD40S&W Service mod. then picked up a Tactical in 40S&W, and sent it to Canyon Creek. Shot the rest of the year and finished 3rd at our sectional, and 3rd over all in our points race, and first over all at one of the clubs I shoot at. I had so much fun with production this year that I may never shoot limited again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey 40 thanks for the response. What class are ya, I am in B production. I was going to get a g35 and shoot limited but i just love the class. its a challenge with mag changes etc. been shooting uspsa about 1.5 years now have a few trophys. Wish i knew how to post apic.

Later

Kevin

·
Registered
889 Posts
Well they tell me that I'm B class by default, because I'm an A in Limited and Limited-10, but I was stuck at about 49% for a while, then I shot a faw good classifiers and it bumped it up to 60 something, so I guess that does make me a B.

You made a good choice going with the XD and Production class, when I was starting out in USPSA I tried using my GLOCK 22 in Limited, and with only 15 - 17 rounds and the DA trigger it was hard to keep up with the Paras and the STIs with their 20 rd mags 2# triggers. So I did what anyone with an IPSC monkey on his back would do, I bought a Para, and shot it for a few years then switched to a STI, and now it was time to give Production a try, and I may not switch back.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Kevin,
I RO'd at Area 5 this weekend and saw quite a few Production shooters with XD's. There's too much activity to get to talk much with them but nearly all I spoke with had Canyon Creek work done.

I believe there were nearly as many XD's as Glocks in Production. I saw zero malfunctions with XD's on my stage.

Good choice of pistol-have fun with it.

Dave

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
airdale, thanks. I will be sending it off the Canyon Creek soon after I replenish my gun fund. That is the only thing I have left to do is the trigger job from Rich. Do any of you have suggestions on poundage for the trigger. I have never shot anything lighter than a 3 1/4 # trigger Which I done to my Glock 17.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Might look into a different finish, at Area 5 we got some good rain on us, that XD will rust like crazy right fast with that amount of moisture. Shooting IPSC in the rain will eventually happen.

Have Rich gun kote it while he's got it or maybe that new Fusion finish.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Kevin,
Look at threads here on trigger work.

I'm a USPSA wheelgunner. I have my 625 down to ~6 lbs DA....but you don't really want an XD with a 6 lb trigger :D

Ampleworks-good to see you this weekend, sorry we didn't get to visit more.

Dave

·
Registered
875 Posts
Welcome to the USPSA XD club. My XD is an absolute blast to shoot competitively, I am sure you will love yours. I had a few issues after about 3500 rounds, but they were all cleared up after I sent the gun to SA.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I've been shooting my XD in production all year; I had Rich do a trigger job on my XD and I went with 3 pounds. Can't say enough good things about Rich's work and his quick turn around.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts