Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its official, you can now build a Glock from scratch. Buy the frame, internals, slide, bbl, and you have a non factory made Glock.

This is from LoneWolf.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Would you think this would be relaible ?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't like it. I'm more than happy with my factory Glock frame. It fits my hand perfectly.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Interesting. I've always been impressed with Glock but hated the grip feel. Just didn't work with my hand. Maybe I'll build one now :)

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't like it. I'm more than happy with my factory Glock frame. It fits my hand perfectly.
Judging from the number of requests for custom grip reductions, I'd say your probably the exception. I like the grip on the compacts (19/23), but the full size Glocks (17/22) feel like bricks to me. ---------Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Two back strap sizes"

Now who is copying who??? lol
Well technically it's not a factory Glock frame, so you can't really say Glock is copying. I think the Walther P99 was the first pistol with interchangeable back straps.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device
is that automatic or do you have to put that in? and can you delete it or is it a form of permanent embedded advertisement

·
Premium Member
1,858 Posts
It's there automatically but you can remove it. Depending on your cell provider the difficult of removing it can vary.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
So where do you get a slide?

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
So you can order all aftermarket parts to make a "Glock"? LOL.

I wonder if it would be covered under "factory" warranty? :D

This reminds me of the "Lambo in the basement" or the "Hummer on a F-150 frame". ;)

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
I am perfectly happy with my XDs. I have owned Glocks and right now, they don't offer me anything I need that I don't have in my XDs.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Wow...that is a spitting image of how I had my Glock 22 frame re-coutoured. For 100 bucks...my Glock 22 points like a 1911. So now, I have Glock's relibility with the pointing characteristics of a 1911 (and 15rds of 40SW)...gotta love it.

If you have never held a Glock with the grip modded like that frame - yes..its totally different from the stock Glock frame. The Glock points great with that awful hump removed from the backstrap and some meat taken out from under the triggerguard. I was not going to do this with my old G22, but I held one and my immediate reaction was "I gotta have this."

So yes, I bet those frames will become very popular...if they're priced right. The metal replacement Glock frames are too damn high - around 350. They're also too heavy. I held the stainless G22 frame and it was very heavy...moreso than a fullsize 1911. No thank you.

I just hope that we're still able to buy hicap mags in Feb 09...but with the Obama Regieme and the coming United Sociaist States of Amerika...who knows!

- Brickboy240

1 - 20 of 24 Posts