Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the near future my grandmother will be buying me and my brother's a new pistol. My brother's are both getting Kimber 1911's. So I was wanting some suggestions on a new pistol that is in the similar price range (??? $1000-$1200 ???) . If I am going to be getting a more expensive pistol I want one when someone will buy it for me happily.

I will most likely use my XDm 4.5" 9mm for my carry weapon so this one is mainly for range fun.

I would prefer 9mm just for cost per round

All suggestions welcome

·
Registered
75 Posts
SIG P226. Recently purchased the Navy model and like it a great deal. Bought to replace my XD9 for USPSA matches.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
If you are looking for a 1911 then Colt, SA, and others all have guns in that price range. Without knowing whether you are looking for a 3,4,or 5 gun and what features (fixed/adj sights, magwell, checkering, finish, etc) it's hard to recommend any specific model. Best to just cruise their sites and find a model that has what you are looking for. Going to the LGS and fondling the various models is even better. If you haven't decided on the platform then it's like asking what kind of car you should get. Best to narrow it down and figure out what type of gun and features YOU want and then ask for suggestions.

·
Registered
829 Posts
CZ SHADOW custom. The only pistol I would buy again for that much money. $1200 for a kimber is high dollar for what you getting IMO.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I haven't had much experience with CZs but I have fired kimber 1911s and SA 1911s. The kimber was definitely a nice gun. My brother has an XDM 45 and raves about it. Get an XDM 45 with night sights, and some other accessories if you can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts