Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In Texas, we have the luxury of open carry. Not endorsing the idea of flaunting a firearm, but it does make it much easier to carry concealed with less concern. A comfortable OWB holster and an untucked shirt unbuttoned in the front offers the quickest access to the greatest firepower without attracting notice. But I digress.

It was my ceaseless search for the optimum combination of comfort and concealability in a 45 that led me to the light and compact XDs 3.3 to begin with. Now I have found the holster to complete the package.

Vigorous Googling elicited a listing on Etsy for an XDs leather holster for only $35, including shipping, from New Pacifica Leather. Springfield XDs 3.3 - Fits Both 9mm & .45 Leather Pancake Holster, OWB Right Hand The low price made me suspicious, but I am notoriously known as a cheap old bastard and one does not earn that title without taking a chance once in awhile. Seven days later, it was in my mailbox.

It's forward "FBI cant", first popularized by Colonel Charles Askins, is my preference. The wide spacing of the pancake belt slots, unlike the Bianchi Askins Avenger holster, allows more options for belt loop placement and also keeps the rig closer to the body. You can have any color you want, as long as it is black.

The quality of the leather and stitching, in my opinion, is surprisingly good for the price. The fit is very snug and the finish, though lacking the lustrous sheen of a Galco, is without significant flaws. It is very comfortable and I am looking forward to wearing it a lot.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Even though we have had open carry in New Mexico since statehood most do not open carry here at all. As your state will find out it causes to many issues.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mad Mac, please keep us posted on how that holster works for you. Like you said, doesn't have all the shine of a Galco or a Bianchi, but who cares, you will probably be the only one who knows you have it, sorta the idea of concealed carry. Looks good in the photos and should work fine. Take care, John.:smile:

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Even though we have had open carry in New Mexico since statehood most do not open carry here at all. As your state will find out it causes to many issues.
Open carry doesn’t cause issues.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As suggested by the company to help with break in, I wrapped the XDs in waxed paper and left it in the holster overnight. This morning, the snugness is just right.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

Here it is shown with a reversible nylon belt from Crossbreed Holsters that measures 1.5".

I've worn the rig with my leather belt pictured earlier for a couple of hours each of the past two days under a loose shirt. In and out of the truck, opening and closing gates, climbing around on the tractor and in the feed store and my favorite cafe, it's been very comfortable and reassuring.

I can still heartily recommend it.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
....................... such as ....................... ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts