Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

it took me long enough, but i finally got my Springfield XD-9 Subcompact! i'm really excited about shooting it this weekend! any tips you guys want to give me about this particular weapon? also, what tactical light/laser accessories have you guys put on your subcompacts? how do you like them?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats. I have the 9mm subcompact as well. I fell in love with the OD green/black combination.

All of my previous pistol experience was on the worst examples of M9 hardware the military could hand me. Controlled shot groups required an incredibly tight grip.

However, when I recently went shooting to see how well the Remington ammo ran, my shots were all low-side left. When the range master came up to me and gave me a few pointers, he definitely noticed that my grip was too strong. Once I loosened my grip, my groups and accuracy were phenomenal. It was a little abstract at first, I thought it was going to pop out of my hands but...
Pretty comforting, actually.

·
Premium Member
127,089 Posts
Welcome to the XD family.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee.You should be very happy with that XD right out of the box.Mine eats everything that I feed it without a hiccup.A great reliable carry piece.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome from Texas.
I too recently purchased a sub-compact in 9mm. First day at the range i ran 150 rounds through it, 0 malfunctions. The biggest discovery that day, to me, was how comfortable the 10 rnd mags are. Your pinky hanging off of the grip, really doesn't affect controllability or accuracy. I also purchased a pierce grip extension, but will only install it on one 10 round mag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts