Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought it last Thursday. First time out was typical lower left. Did my research and worked on my skills and BAM! 1"-3" to the left of center! Love this gun and all it took was smooth follow through, trigger control, proper grip, and focus on front site. I also installed the larger backstrap. Im not great, but im improving.

I still have some work to do but my accuracy has improved just in two outings to the range and 100 rounds.

Ill post the target pic tomorrow in hopes of some pointers from skilled shooters.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Bought it last Thursday. First time out was typical lower left. Did my research and worked on my skills and BAM! 1"-3" to the left of center! Love this gun and all it took was smooth follow through, trigger control, proper grip, and focus on front site. I also installed the larger backstrap. Im not great, but im improving.

I still have some work to do but my accuracy has improved just in two outings to the range and 100 rounds.

Ill post the target pic tomorrow in hopes of some pointers from skilled shooters.
congrats on the purchase, think your feeling like lots of us here.
enjoy and welcome.

·
Premium Member
127,260 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. You have yourself a fine pistol!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Scout, I have the same pistol 40S&W, 3.8, the firs several times I shot it low and left. Thought it was the pistol until I finally paid attention to my technique and now can hit POA. Love the pistol.

Clint

ps welcome to the fold from GA

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice!

·
Registered
90 Posts
If your hits are going low and left U are putting them there!! Stance, grip and a true press on the trigger will net you a hit on target that is "true".. THIS has been the industry standard. Do NOT adjust your sights until you perform the basic requirements on demend.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Good to hear you are satisified with your purchase. I have a black on black xdm 3.8 in the .40 on lay-a-way and cannot wait to get it and go to the range.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Good to hear you are satisified with your purchase. I have a black on black xdm 3.8 in the .40 on lay-a-way and cannot wait to get it and go to the range.
I have the same one. My shots were down and to the left in a tight group. A few more mags and BAM, i was good. I use to carry a Ruger P94 .40. Mand the XDM is much lighter to carry. cant really beat that 16+1

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum...;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts