Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not only am I a new owner of an XDm 3.8, I am a first time gun owner....did a lot of research, tried a lot of guns, the bought the XDm at first sight...go figure...anyways...now for my question...when I pull back the slide and lock it, the barrel moves around if I shake the gun, its that normal? I didn't notice it when I first got it and tore it down to clean it, so I can't say if that was like that when I got it home...but since this is my first gun, I don't have anything to compare it to. Thanks.

Sent from my Evil Fascinate!

·
Premium Member
127,420 Posts
Perfectly normal

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
If you watch carefully as you rack the slide back you will notice the rear of the barrel ( where the bullets load ) drops down. The hole at the front of the slide is drilled so it has room to let the barrel tilt ( that's why it's called a "tilting barrel action, lock-up" ) yet when the barrel comes back up and forward it all snugs up pretty tight.

Good luck and read everything you can about gun safety.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys...i just wanted some confirmation...i knew about the tilting when raking, one thing I like about it...and yes it its nice and snug when forward....i have read so much about gun safety, and plan on reading lots more, along with safety classes...glad to be a member of the community

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Welcome to the party pal. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts