Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Vendor
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After getting some feed back about not wanting to drill on your guns to install an over travel screw and not wanting to spend the money on some of the other options, I designed a new part.

If I get enough feed back asking for this part then I will put it into production. Here are some pictures of it. let me know what you think. I'm not sure on the price yet but it should be in the $18.00-$28.00 range

Please let me know what you think of it.
~Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Nice, no drilling no glue. Are you going to start selling them soon? How hard will it be to fit?

·
Vendor
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, no drilling no glue. Are you going to start selling them soon? How hard will it be to fit?

I'll start selling them if there is enough demand. the end of April would be the soonest that I could have them available in any kind of quantity.

Fitting it is pretty straight forward and can be done with some sandpaper and a flat surface.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
I'd rather have this New Over Travel Stop with my order. Please, let me know if this is possible and when I can expect it.

Thanks

·
Registered
86 Posts
That is exactly what I was thinking of but in no way could I have made it look that good. I would be very interested in purchasing one.

·
Registered
426 Posts
OK a noob question. What is it for exactly. Well I know that it stops the over travel of the trigger if you upgrade the trigger but any use of having it on a factory trigger

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
OK a noob question. What is it for exactly. Well I know that it stops the over travel of the trigger if you upgrade the trigger but any use of having it on a factory trigger
An overtravel stop is useful for a stock trigger pull or aftermarket trigger.

·
Registered
477 Posts
An over travel stop is useful for a stock trigger pull or aftermarket trigger.
Hmm... I would be careful with that. The stock trigger really has very little over travel. I do believe that this over travel stop functions the same as a new trigger bar and thus will not work on models without a trigger kit. On the stock trigger, an over travel stop like this should prevent the trigger from being pulled almost completely.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Hmm... I would be careful with that. The stock trigger really has very little over travel. I do believe that this over travel stop functions the same as a new trigger bar and thus will not work on models without a trigger kit. On the stock trigger, an over travel stop like this should prevent the trigger from being pulled almost completely.
My stock XD40 has about 1/4in of over-travel. The safety lever has already deactivated the striker safety when the sear releases the striker and the extra travel of the trigger simply forces me to focus more on trigger control.

This product looks like it will function just fine with a stock XD with proper fitting to ensure the safety lever functions.

Key words - "Proper Fitting"

·
Registered
356 Posts
Definetly a nice solution! I like it!

Im still going to order a trigger bar though. I dont really have a great reason for why Im doing that over this new solution... haha. Just have my mind set on it I guess.

Ide like to see the new piece by itself out of the trigger assembly... that doable?

J.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts