Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Next Generation Squad Weapon-Fire Control will be built by the Vortex Optics/Sheltered Wing partnership. The companies are scheduled to produce as many as 250,000 optics over the next 10 years. (Vortex)

Auto part Metal Machine Font Event

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
Wow..... I wonder if it will also peel potatoes, download songs and movies, and wipe their butts?

Trying to do that many things with an optic would concern me..... if one aspect of the system fails will the whole thing go down? Will be interesting to see what happens with it.

Reactions: Mike51392

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. Deeply concerned about the do-it-all sight. Seems more like a backoffice StarWars concept than a front-line field brainstorm session. I can see the scenario, waiting for it to reboot, while you get hit by a spear from a guy in a lioncloth.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I agree. Deeply concerned about the do-it-all sight. Seems more like a backoffice StarWars concept than a front-line field brainstorm session. I can see the scenario, waiting for it to reboot, while you get hit by a spear from a guy in a lioncloth.
I was going to say "as long as it has a QD..." but then I saw that it doesn't have a true one QD lever mounting system.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts