Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a SW XDM40 and thought to get together where birds of a feather flock together so here I am.

I had wanted a 40 cal and when I held the XDM40 I really liked the feel of the gun and the trigger. Now I just need practice shooting it as I am hitting right side low with it at 33 ft.
I have a SW M&P co2 bb pistol and hit 16 oz soda bottles at 33 ft most always.
I have a 22 Rugar mk11 and I also knock the bottles down with it at 33ft. It is said should carry at least a 40 but also said placement is everything. Seems for me my 22 gets to the point real good. I hope I can get that good with the 40.

I have a Beretta 84f and shoot a little high and left also at 33 ft. At 15 ft I hit about a 4 in grouping.

I have a KelTec PF9MM and not to bad shooting it except now it will not fire at all. The hammer block seems not wanting to release. I guess I will send it back to KelTec. I have had more than a few misfires and had one jam when it cycled a hp from mag. Not really happy with reliability of the KelTec. Today found out target shooting it would not even fire. Sure glad my life did not depend on it today.

My XDM and Beretta have not had any problems functioning perfectly. They just do not conceal like a KelTec pf9. But concealing a gun that don't go bang is worse than no gun.
I figure I would carry the 40 in the winter when can conceal it better. The Beretta not to bad concealing with just a real loose shirt.

Yeah I know I kinda suck shooting the big bang boys. I bought the BB pistol to practice shooting skills as bb's are real cheap. The co2 cartridge has over 200 shots through it and just now getting weak.
I guess I really need getting shooting instructions for the big bang guns.
Gotta say forums are fun and very informative.
G40

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Texas and to the Springfield family! :D

·
Premium Member
21,395 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
676 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You just need to shoot it more.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Welcome to the fourm from Louisiana.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome from Iowa

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Northern California!

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Welcome from TN

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)