Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went to a gunshop I'd never been to, looking to get him to transfer a CZ that I wanted to buy from Whittaker's. This is a small, rural place and I didn't expect they would have much to offer in the way of new guns but I saw three new XD (M)'s on the counter, Two forties and a 9mm. The 9mm was a rental range gun, but the 40's were new in box. Price was $606 for the bi tone, a bit less for black. The state of TAXES has an 8 1/4 % sales tax but It really didn't matter after I fondled it. It felt as good as my Ruger MK III or a nice 1911. The ergos are simply amazing and three different grips come in the box. One of them is bound to fit 90% of everbody who shoots. The sights are great, it is well balanced and I would have paid more for it at that moment. I have shot an XD .40 and liked it a lot. I like the improvements made with the M, match barrel, 16 +1 capacity in a .40!, supposedly an improved trigger, better grips etc. There was a mail -in coupon in the box for two additional magazines, and an extra mag pouch. I can always use 4 magazines!
Went to the range today, fired 100 rounds, no probs of any kind. The M is more accurate out of the box than most guns I own were. The only thing I wasn't impressed with was the trigger, but I'm not going to judge too harshly until I have lots more rounds through it. I will say it wasn't as good new as my Glocks were. The reset feels a little different each time and that is something I hope improves as the gun breaks in. Felt recoil is very manageable. The XD(M) is a good addition to my collection and will probably be one of my favorite range guns, although it may be a bit large for easy concealed carry.
I was going to post some pics but don't know how to manage attachments like on most forums.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I carry an XDM 40 everyday. I use it to compete in our Tactical/Practical match on Fridays at the Titusville Police Museum indoor range and I will use the XDM 9 for IDPA when I get it back from my smith. I had a trigger job done and TFO sights installed on the 40. Great gun.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I got a 40 XDm also and did send it to Sprinfield for a trigger and action job and some Dawson adjustable sights (since I reload and am constantly experimenting with different loads and velocities which can change the point of impact somewhat). It really did make a difference in my accuracy with the gun. They did a good job and I can recommend their work if you are so inclined. Although I have 4 other XD's the XDm is now my favorite and I would not mind using it in any matches I might get into be it IPSC or IDPA.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The trigger is pretty easily fixed via several quality drop-in kits that are available for $50-$100. See Pistolgear.com, Powder River Precision, and others.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You can thank lawyers. Springfield won't let a stock gun out the door with too light a trigger. If some yoyo shoots his toe off some lowlife lawyer will sue saying it is the manufactures fault.

·
Registered
291 Posts
True,

But Springfield's custom shop does trigger jobs

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
How does the XDM compare to the regular XD trigger?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts