Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a new muzzle break? I am looking for recoil reduction instead of a flash hider. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
I have a Nordic Comp. It is very small, made out of 316 Stainless steel, and works surprisingly well.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
For a pure muzzle brake without as much concern for flash-hiding ability, the Vais wins hands down for most larger (308 and up) caliber rifles...but, it is LOUD as HELL!!! Just remember this if you are putting this on a rifle you are going to shoot without hearing protection (like in a hunting situation, etc.).

If this is for an AR15, the clear winner is the PRI/MSTN QC Brake. I have one on a few different rifles, including a 308 AR-10 and they are worth their weight in gold when it comes to efficiency as a brake.

Mid-South Tactical Network (MSTN)

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, it is for a S&W M&P15 in 5.56. Also, sorry for the misspelling of brake. It was late and I was tired.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I am assuming based on the placement of this thread that you are talking about for an AR. This is purely my opinion and worth exactly what you paid for it. I HATE muzzle brakes. They are very loud and to me the sound concussion is much worse than any recoil they reduce. If you are concerned about reducing recoil you can use a heavier buffer, extra power buffer spring and/or a heavier bolt carrier. All these things will accomplish the same without making it a gun no one can stand to be on the range with when you fire it.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
YHM makes a muzzle brake/flash suppressor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts