Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
If its anything near the junk their Tactical .22 is I would stay VERY far away from this thing.

·
Registered
29,733 Posts
Can't be a Mossberg; doesn't have weed-whacker handle and a truly ridiculous muzzlebreak on it.

·
Premium Member
127,703 Posts
I'll sit on the sidelines and watch this unfold. Mossberg doesn't have the best rep, IMO.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I own their tactical .22 and its a fun shooter. I also have the maverick 88, and it has been nothing but reliable. I don't know why you have a bad opinion of Mossberg, but I can say I love their firearms and customer service.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I can only say that the Mossberg .22 AR hasn't gotten great reviews. I held one in the store and it felt pretty cheap by comparison to the M&P AR15-22. I think it will be some time before Mossberg is up to par with some of the other manufacturers out building AR's. I think they make a good shotgun. So, only time will tell.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I can only say that the Mossberg .22 AR hasn't gotten great reviews. I held one in the store and it felt pretty cheap by comparison to the M&P AR15-22. I think it will be some time before Mossberg is up to par with some of the other manufacturers out building AR's. I think they make a good shotgun. So, only time will tell.

Compared to an M&P you are absolutely right. It is designed to be a budget .22, not an actual .22 AR. For the price I paid I couldn't be happier, but with they money I would have gotten something nicer.

·
Registered
791 Posts
i like mossgerg also, they make quality sutff and dont charge you too much for it. so i expect their AR will be a good commercial level AR.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
S&W = $500
Mossberg = $225

"cheap plinker" is exactly what it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
839 Posts
With the ocean of AR's currently on the market...I wouldn't even waste my time looking at the Mossberg offering...

As for .22, I played with many .22 "AR" clones before getting my M&P 15-22...including the Colt, Mossberg and even the HK...

The S&W easily won out.

I didn't look at it as saving $$ with the Mossberg...I looked at it as chucking a couple hundred bucks down the drain. With the lousy fit and finish that thing had, I wouldn't give over $99 for it.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Jeez, they're trying to cash in on everything. When do the pistols come out?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts