Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Googled enough stuff to visit this forum multiple times, finally registered.

I'm a bodyshop manager for a Chevrolet dealership here in Michigan, just bought my XD9 sub at the end of August, a month later I was taking my home defense course and I now possess my CPL. Great gun to carry, and I love range time with it. Thus began a whole new hobby for me. This is my first handgun, and what I don't know, I research in depth and am willing to learn. Looking to expand my collection, but before I'd like to put a little bit more money into XD mods!

I take a lot of crap as majority of my friends are Glock fanboys :?.

I'll share a couple images I've taken for discussion on my auto forums-

Comptac C-TAC-

Wanted a secure vehicle carry option, so this is the Gum Creek Customs setup-

...and that holster is shown in my other hobby, it's a Chevrolet HHR SS, turbocharged, 5 speed, factory limited slip, with a well thought round of modifications running 22psi, over 300whp, mid 13's as it sits, 12's this Spring as winter projects begin, 30mpg with such! I've built quite a few other FWD cars, one featured in Sport Compact Car magazine, and being a GM employee and commuting 80 miles a day for work the HHR is fun, economical, and functional. I've competitively driven the wagon in many events, from drag, to autocross and people are always impressed! The Cobalt SS/TC platform it's built on has turned the fastest FWD time on the Nürburgring, and the Pedder's coilover setup has pulled .97g's on a skidpad-

Neither is cheap on the budget, and one always needs something if the other doesn't :(.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Greetings from Ludington, MI. I spent many years in the service department of a chevy dealer in GR myself. Got a chance to see alot of sweet cars and got to detail quite a few specialty camaros and several zr-1s for some car shows. How far SW MI are you?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool pics! Nice ride, nice set up in car for your XD.
I recommend it, and you can use your choice of holster.

Greetings from Ludington, MI. I spent many years in the service department of a chevy dealer in GR myself. Got a chance to see alot of sweet cars and got to detail quite a few specialty camaros and several zr-1s for some car shows. How far SW MI are you?
I live down in South Haven, work in Holland.

You must be referring to Berger! Amazing dealer.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Texas, and the Springfield family! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
173 Posts
I live down in South Haven, work in Holland.

You must be referring to Berger! Amazing dealer.
Yeah thats the place... going to be moving to GR/KZOO area soon so I have been looking for a new job, trying not to go back to dealers though. Berger already rehired me once but I don't see myself working there again.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
Welcome from West Michigan!!

·
Premium Member
22,590 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Welcome from Iowa

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
77 Posts
welcome from FL

and I dig that in car holster -- been something I've been thinking about for a while now; what to build and where to position it. nice job! good lookin wheels too!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the warm welcomes :).

Yeah thats the place... going to be moving to GR/KZOO area soon so I have been looking for a new job, trying not to go back to dealers though. Berger already rehired me once but I don't see myself working there again.
Don't blame you a SINGLE bit, I think this is a road elsewhere a lot of the time.

welcome from FL

and I dig that in car holster -- been something I've been thinking about for a while now; what to build and where to position it. nice job! good lookin wheels too!
Yeah, I went back and forth, I also thought of buying a spare plastic trim piece for the console and fastening a LH Blackhawk holster to it, but the strap has served me well and secured it no matter what!

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Welcome from Northern Michigan!

·
Premium Member
24,944 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
welcome from the petoskey area.