Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an XDM .45 (on monday) and I immediately loaded the magazine's up to full capacity so I could begin compressing the springs. Well today I decided to move some of my ammo/magazine storage to another part of the house. In the process I noticed the magazines were loose. As in the top 8 or so rounds pretty much fell out and the other 4-5 rounds were stuck down in the bottom with the spring compressed. I had to whack the mags against my hand to get them to spit out the other rounds.

I had them loaded with wolf steel cased, and I'm curious if maybe the added friction of the steel cases is what caused this. Until I get some brass cased ammo to try out, I'm very disappointing with this, and don't feel like I can trust the pistol. Thanks for any/all answers and advice!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I would doubt its the wolf ammo. Iv shoot around a thousand rounds of wolf ammo in my xdm .40 with no problem. First thing id prob check is the bottom of mag to make sure you have a .45 mag. after that, id call Springfield.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would doubt its the wolf ammo. Iv shoot around a thousand rounds of wolf ammo in my xdm .40 with no problem. First thing id prob check is the bottom of mag to make sure you have a .45 mag. after that, id call Springfield.
What led me to that conclusion was that it was both magazines, not just one. I doubt that two mags would both malfunction simultaneously.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Have you tried loading it with brass cased ammo?
If this is still a problem you might want to contact Springfield Customer service

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Ummm...what do you call "full capacity"?

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
My mags when brand spanking new had a significant amount of crud in them. You should strip them and clean, then spray with a dry lube like 100% silicone or similar. Dirty mags will stick. The steel case is also spotty about doing just what you described. Not every box, but I've had one box out of 25-30 that was "mag-sticky" for lack of a better word. Typically I like to run brass as reloading is in the future.

·
Registered
460 Posts
my XDM45 has never done that and I've been shooting mostly spam can steel cased ammo out of it. cleaning your mags out and using CLP or ballistal should do the trick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts