Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, nice site!

I just recently purchased a xd-357 od green 4" and will be hopping it up a little. I'm gonna buy a new guide rod from Don with a few springs to play with (found the threads for that), and also wanted to ask everyone about their sights. I'm planning on getting some meprolight or trijicon (that's what I use on all my other pistols) but wanted to know if anyone has another brand that they like on the xd and why. I also wanted to find out if I could change them myself with a set of punches or if I need a press to do so (instructions would be appreciated if you have it documented). Thanks!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Hi cvann. Welcome aboard.

I really don't have anything useful to contribute, as I've got an SC (no DGR for me :() and have no sight changing experience. I just wanted to say hi. I do like the OD XD's :)

In any case, someone in the know should be along some time to answer your questions.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You might want to consider Ameriglo since they have front sights of varying heights. If you find your POA/POI relationship is not to your liking you can adjust it by installing a different front sight height.

Their operator line of night sights has a thinner front blade so it is easier to line up the front sight horizontally during daylight hours.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Both of the options you noted are great choices for the XD. Our most sold brand is the "TFO" sight by TRUGLO, because of the fiber/night sight combo. I know some will mention how they "melt" if you get cleaning solutions on them. With that said, they are still the most popular sight, and I only know of one case where they melted.

If you are not familiar with the TFO sights, you can find them here:
http://www.pistol-gear.com/products.php?cat=8

Enjoy you XD! Make sure you post a range report!! :D

·
Registered
150 Posts
old-school also sells Ameriglo classic night sights for under $80. They're just like the Meprolights and definately worth a look. I have an Ameriglo front and Mepro rear, they are nearly identical as far as usability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts