Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, never really used forums before, I'll try to pay attention to the rules and figure this out. I currently own 2 springfields, a .45 xd and a saint. My question is this: looking to buy a .40 as a back up for work, I was eyeing the .40 xdm but then the 9mm xde came out. Is there any word on the xde coming in .40? I would really like to have that model, and if it's only going to be a matter of months, I'm willing to wait. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
Welcome from Fort Smith Arkansas. If there's any word about the XDE Coming out in 40 you'll probably hear it here first.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome from Virginia!

·
Registered
29,831 Posts
Hey, never really used forums before, I'll try to pay attention to the rules and figure this out. I currently own 2 springfields, a .45 xd and a saint. My question is this: looking to buy a .40 as a back up for work, I was eyeing the .40 xdm but then the 9mm xde came out. Is there any word on the xde coming in .40? I would really like to have that model, and if it's only going to be a matter of months, I'm willing to wait. Thanks guys!
I wouldn't count on it being soon.

When SA came out with the 9mm XDS, it took 2-3 years for the .40 to follow. It might be a little faster this time, but I don't think it's in the immediate future.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Welcome.
I've noticed on GunBroker and other firearms sites that all the LE seem to be dumping their .40's. There are a ton of used .40's on the market. I'd recommend shooting one and talking to some owners before taking the plunge on a new one. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
Welcome.
I've noticed on GunBroker and other firearms sites that all the LE seem to be dumping their .40's. There are a ton of used .40's on the market. I'd recommend shooting one and talking to some owners before taking the plunge on a new one. Just my opinion.
Good point. Now that I have a Carbine that shoots the 40 S&W for it's plinking round, It wouldn't hurt to have an XD in 40 S&W. Also It would be a good time to get a Mod 2. I'd like to have the XD MOD.2 4″ SERVICE MODEL .40 S&W. Black. I also noticed a couple of other things I wanted if a pistol and that is the Fiber Optic Front and Low Profile Combat Rear.

·
Premium Member
127,996 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
Welcome.
I was buying up trade-in .40s as fast as I could earlier this year... some great deals to be had on first rate handguns.

I've slowed down a bit because prices on NEW guns are so low that I can't let them go by.

My guess is that a .40 XDE is already in the works and SA will have some huge, overwrought ad campaign and then unveil it at either SHOT show or the NRA convention. They probably needed to move X number of units in 9mm before moving forward w other calibers. If the thing had fallen flat then 9mm would have been the Alpha and Omega of their little "X"periment... see what I did there?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Welcome form the north side of Dallas. Why not look at the XDs in 45?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts