Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm brand new here and came across this group while in search of answers/help on an issue I have that occurred today. Was at the range with my Xd9 V10 and when I got home I noticed the infamous crack behind the front sight. I've been seeing on here that Springfield is pretty good about replacing guns with this problem. however all the posts I'm finding on the subject are from 2008-2009 so I'm wondering if SA would still honor this. My other problem is that i bought this gun used and do not have a way to contact the person i bought it from anymore. From what i seen on SA website about warranty it seems that it only covers the original owner. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Only way to know for sure is to call Springfield and shoot them straight. It wouldn't hurt to butter them up a little by telling them that one of the main reasons you bought it was that you heard they take exceptional care of their gun owners. Might just do the trick. If not, you didn't lose anything for trying. I'd love to know how it works for you as both of mine were bought "nearly new" and I have yet to call to see how they'll treat me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what i was going to try to do tomorrow. hopefully i can sweet talk them into helping me out. this is the second Xd ive owned and i love them. i was super disappointed when this happened today

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Welcome from Virginia! Good luck with Springfield.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello from Florida.

Often times gun manufacturers will exceed the normal warranty. Between the MOD.2 series, Gen 4 Glock and the M&P 2.0 there is a lot of competition among similar guns. They might help you out to keep a "Happy Customer".

Worst that can happen as they say no and you're in the same position you're in now. Nothing to lose but a lot to gain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.