Springfield XD Forum banner

New member wanting XD40 experiences?

795 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  therooster 
#1 ·
Hello everyone I love this forum it has been an awesome way to learn about my new favorite handgun the SA XD40 service. My wife suprised me with the purchase of this handgun for our 2 year anniversary due in part in the fact that I am going to start my LE Accademy training in August. I was wanting to say thanks for providing such a great community for me to learn and enjoy. Also, I was wandering if I could get some your experiences and pics of yall's current XD's esp. the .40 cal plus what accessories should I be looking to purchase it came in the package with the holster and three mags and I think my wife paid right at $475 here in NC but I cant be sure she wont tell me. :D

#2 ·
I dont like the holster it came with, It seems every time I use it I find a new scuff on my slide.. I got a drop leg holster from cheaperthandirt.com
its a nice holster and cheap. I paid a bit more for mine here in MD, I think it was about $540.00 but well worth it

#4 ·
Welcome XD40josh!

One accessory you could use right now is an Uncle Mike's Kydex dual mag holder. A good cleaning kit, and plenty of ammunition to break in your XD would be the my next suggestion. I've had my XD40 Tactical for about a year. I'm a long time shooter, and this is by far the best overall pistol I have ever shot. It works everytime and hits what I aim at.
Just want to say thank you for going into Law enforcement. It's a tough job, but we definitely need good men to put the bad guys away.

gv2shooter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.