Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been looking at the Springfield armory XD models for a couple of weeks. I read everything I could find on here...and finally decided on the 9mm XDM. Purchased it last night...can't take it home d/t 10day wait in WA (waiting on my CPP). However, they have a range at the store...so I COULD fire it.
All I can say is WOW!
I'm not a complete noob to shooting pistols, and I was quite impressed. Very smooth trigger action (especially for a brand new gun), less recoil than I expected, and 20 rounds at a time...chews up ammo!
That being said...I guess I'm a VERY satisfied new XDM owner.
Now...to find the perfect concealed holster...lol

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I have two of the XDm 9mm's, and they are great guns. I'm sure you will continue to enjoy them!

As to the perfect concealed holster, good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know how you feel. I bought my .40 xdm on Saturday and didn't get to shoot it until last night. I felt like a kid on Christmas Eve.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Congrats. Why 10 days? It's 5 days if you dont have your CPL unless you are counting weekends. You bought it at Bullseyes didnt you?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new here, too and new to Springfield XDM. I bought one about 3 weeks ago and I can't get over just how good a gun it is. I'd never owned/shot a polymer gun before and wasn't sure how I'd like it, but after finally getting a chance to take it to the range, all I can say is "Wow!" I like it the more I shoot it and carry it.

If you guys find the perfect carry holster, be sure to share that info I'm looking too!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome to you new guys...
Most people here will tell you supertuck or smart carry for a holster.
Check those out, they are both fine.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
It's 5 days if you dont have your CPL unless you are counting weekends.
No, it's not.

Generally speaking, it's 5-10 business days, but most people get a proceed in 3-5 days. However, there's actually up to 30 days to get a response back from NICS. If you don't get a response back in that time, you can resubmit paperwork, but there's no "set" 5-day waiting period.

And, just because you have your LCCP, does NOT mean you get an "automatic" proceed. (Not in WA, anyway.)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No, it's not.

Generally speaking, it's 5-10 business days, but most people get a proceed in 3-5 days. However, there's actually up to 30 days to get a response back from NICS. If you don't get a response back in that time, you can resubmit paperwork, but there's no "set" 5-day waiting period.

And, just because you have your LCCP, does NOT mean you get an "automatic" proceed. (Not in WA, anyway.)
I purchased it at The Marksman in Puyallup. They told me "max 10 calendar days not counting holidays" - Thurston cty sheriff told me that they have 5 days to do the background check and send to the dealer. So...at the latest...December 26th she'll be home....Merry Christmas to me! ! ! ! !:p

As far as holsters...the supertuck...and something made by bulman leather seem to be my frontrunners right now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts