Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, My name is Chris i am i first time weapon buyer. My wife got me a gift card to the local gun shop for Christmas and after a couple days of deciding between Glock and Springfield i went with the Springfield XD-9 Subcompact Mod 2. I have been talking to her about buying one for years for home protection and now that we are expecting our first child she finally agreed with me.

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Chris.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin. ..enjoy!

May I also suggest firearm training for yourself and wife.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum from Georgia.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from central florida.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hello, Chris, and welcome from Missouri to a great forum. Good people and info here!

Since you are new to this handgun, self defense arena, consider taking some good self defense handgun classes. I also recommend you check out the many free YouTube videos made by Massad Ayoob, a world-class instructor in handgun use and self defense, who has recorded training sessions in Judicious Use of Force, Shoot to Live, Home Invasion, Preparation for Home Defense, and What to Do After a Shooting. Just Google his name and these topics and the YouTubes should show up. Very good instructional information from an expert, and free.

Here is a very good technical review of self defense ammo, for when you are ready to consider this:
Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

This is an informative review by a doctor of different gunshot wounds effects; we all need to be aware of this real-life information:
Doctor Talks About Gunshot Wounds

Take care, best wishes to you and your family, and a very Happy and Safe New Year!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts