Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to the local shop to pick up my new XD.40 tactical that I had ordered.
I get up to the counter and whip out the plastic and come to find out that some newbie counterkid had pulled my Tactical out of the shipment and sold the damn thing without checking the reserve list. Since I was on the way to the range to add guns to my CCW, I decided to just get the bi-tone .40 service and of course that was already reserved. Oh well, a black .40 service is now in my range bag.

Guess it's all for a purpose cause I REALLY want a tactical .45 in March, now I won't feel so bad when I pick that up. :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I already do :)
and as an XD addict, I am already making my list up for pistol-gear.com

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Something similar happened to me. I wanted to purchase a gun to use to practice so I could get on with a local PD. It also had to be able to searve as a sidearm if I were to be able to get on the reserve force (have to provide your own sidearm as a reserve). All they had where 4" black 9mm XDs. I wanted it in .40 . So they told me they had 2 black .40s ordered and to call them sometime the next week to see if they got 'em in. So I call, and the guy says "Sorry, we sold both black .40s yesterday. He convinved me to come in and check out osme of the other things he had in teh same price range. Thats when I fell in love my my honey :) .40 Service model in teh Bi-tone finish. Damn she is a beaut! Wasn't what I wanted, but I was sooooooooo happy in the end!

·
Registered
467 Posts
It is kind of funny how things work out. I went looking for a Glock. Was shown an XD and kind of liked it better, but waited a week or so and did some research (including on this forum). Finally decided I wanted the XD9, so I went to get it! Damn, they were out. Would have some within the week, but they did have a .40 or two. Having already been aware of the option of putting a 9mm bbl in, I decided to go with the .40 and think it was a better move. Very pleased with it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let's see,
Don's guiderod
9mm and .357 barrels
XL3 light
Trijicons
H&R coating
Trigger job
magwell
decal grips

That should do for the first round of modifications. :)

·
Registered
580 Posts
xdron...that's similar to what sold me on the gun itself. i went looking to buy a gun, and i was dreading the idea of buying a glock. i wanted to make it a race-worthy gun, and the glock is easy to do that with. but as i spent about 5 hours :shock: in the gun store, i finally asked the gun shop employees why they all had on XD's of HK's? the primary salesman took out the glock 19, and the 4" XD and did a side-by-side disassembly/comparison. there is no way for me to remember every single detail, but i walked away knowing that the XD was the tougher of the two. beefier, more rugged, stronger, and steel were all the words he used to differentiate between the "ok" glock" and the XD.

i was sold. BUT...gettting back to the thread...congrats on your new pistol. i'll probably end up getting an OD tactical one day. either in 9mm, or 45 acp, IF that option ever becomes available. NOT that i'm chomping at the bit for it...i just think i'd be able to shoot the .45 out of the XD better than i do out of a 1911.

congrats again. :-D

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Your store clerk needs a pimp slap but you won't be disappointed with the service model. Ah jus' luuuuvv mine!!! Whooooo!!! :lol:

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Verm said:
Went down to the local shop to pick up my new XD.40 tactical that I had ordered.
I get up to the counter and whip out the plastic and come to find out that some newbie counterkid had pulled my Tactical out of the shipment and sold the damn thing without checking the reserve list. Since I was on the way to the range to add guns to my CCW, I decided to just get the bi-tone .40 service and of course that was already reserved. Oh well, a black .40 service is now in my range bag.

Guess it's all for a purpose cause I REALLY want a tactical .45 in March, now I won't feel so bad when I pick that up. :)
i would have told them to screw off and to get you a tactical by the end of the week if they want to continue having you as a customer

·
Registered
467 Posts
NExd said:
Verm said:
...Guess it's all for a purpose cause I REALLY want a tactical .45 in March, now I won't feel so bad when I pick that up. :)
i would have told them to screw off and to get you a tactical by the end of the week if they want to continue having you as a customer
But, read his last sentence... He might not get that tactical .45 if he did that. :)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was going out to add 12 pistols to my CCW and the new XD was one of them, so I decided to get the service. Glad I did, it shot better than everything else except the P7M8. now to save up for a .45 tactical :)

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I am lovin' my new Service .40. Welcome to the club. You won't regret the purchase. Glock? Fine weapon. SA XD Finer IMHO.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I picked out my OD XD .40 from Gander and put it on layaway since I was going to be out of town for a couple weeks. When I came back to pick it up, they could not find the one I had put on layaway. Then I noticed the exact same gun LNIB in the used section. Walked out the door at $330 and have never had a single hiccup with this weapon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts