Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new member. Went out and rented a xd-9 at my range. Liked the grip, size, weight, everything. So I went searching for my own. Did some resesrch and found about the hs 2000. Now I am a proud owner of a hs 2000 9mm service gen. 1 that was in like new condition. My question is there any way of finding out when it was made? look forward to hearing from any of you.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Welcome aboard and congrats on your purchase. Call or write Springfield with the serial number, I know they could tell if it were and XD model. Being that it is the HS model they might not have that on file if it came in through the original importer.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
The gen 1`s have a date on the inside of the frame right in front of the locking block. Intrac wont help they are still mad at the situation.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

S&S firearms said:
checked it, is it a dial, stamped with year in the middle, and a dial indacator to a month?
Yep, thats it. My Gen 1 was made 6/99.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Seems I remember some time ago, someone stating that HS assigned serial #s either in random order, or from a starting number decreasing in sequence. Can't remember for sure, it was on the old forum that got attacked by a hacker and lots of old info was lost.

·
Registered
454 Posts
thanks, Day after I got it bought 100 rounds shot them in an hour. had a blast

Pacing yourself ehh?

Just kidding, :D some here on the forum go thru 100 rounds in a few minutes, :cry: wish I could afford that much ammo all at once. Nice Pistol by the way. I am looking for a good deal on a nice original HS to go with it's grandchildren my XD's :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yea, I know it's not a lot of shells to put through it. But it was an indoor range and I didn't want them to think I was crazy. Besides I wanted to see what kind of groups it shot. Good luck with adoption of your new -old arrival.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
That is a clean HS. My HS gen 1 is a little more worn, but a perfect shooter!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts