Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a new member. Went out and rented a xd-9 at my range. Liked the grip, size, weight, everything. So I went searching for my own. Did some resesrch and found about the hs 2000. Now I am a proud owner of a hs 2000 9mm service gen. 1 that was in like new condition. My question is there any way of finding out when it was made? look forward to hearing from any of you.

· Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

S&S firearms said:
checked it, is it a dial, stamped with year in the middle, and a dial indacator to a month?
Yep, thats it. My Gen 1 was made 6/99.

· Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Seems I remember some time ago, someone stating that HS assigned serial #s either in random order, or from a starting number decreasing in sequence. Can't remember for sure, it was on the old forum that got attacked by a hacker and lots of old info was lost.

· Registered
426 Posts
thanks, Day after I got it bought 100 rounds shot them in an hour. had a blast

Pacing yourself ehh?

Just kidding, :D some here on the forum go thru 100 rounds in a few minutes, :cry: wish I could afford that much ammo all at once. Nice Pistol by the way. I am looking for a good deal on a nice original HS to go with it's grandchildren my XD's :)

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea, I know it's not a lot of shells to put through it. But it was an indoor range and I didn't want them to think I was crazy. Besides I wanted to see what kind of groups it shot. Good luck with adoption of your new -old arrival.

· Premium Member
23,841 Posts
That is a clean HS. My HS gen 1 is a little more worn, but a perfect shooter!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.