Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Just got back from the gun shop after purchasing this black beauty. Can't wait until I pick it up in a couple of weeks. I've owned .380, .357, and 9mm weapons before but never a .45 so I'm looking forward to that first expensive day on the range.

It's been quite a while since I bought my Browning Hi Power 9mm so I was kind of surprised by some new rules and restrictions:
  • Ten round clip limit in California :confused:
  • They charge $30 for the background check now :mad:
  • Another $25 for a handgun safety card, which requires taking a silly written test :rolleyes:
  • I had to demonstrate that I could check, load, and unload the weapon... which actually makes sense to me
Anyways, now we just have to get through the waiting period. Then my wife, who was despairing about what to get me for Christmas, has all sorts of new possibilities...

Questions (I know that 'search' is my friend so I'll back off if you want):
  • Does anybody have experience using the LaserMax internal (guide rod) laser?
  • Any opinions on the best night sights out there?
Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi Jerry,

Congrats on the XD45c, I've had one for a year now and it has been flawless. I do have the LaserMax guide rod laser for my 1911, and while it is nice to use, it makes field stripping a real pain in the arse. Maybe it's different with other guns, but I just don't use it much anymore.

Jim

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
Very nice, tell your wife you need AMMO AMMO AMMO for Christmas and be sure to save your brass. If you don't end up reloading you can trade the once-fired brass for something else.

·
Premium Member
5,365 Posts
Welcome from Fl where we don't have gun laws, Ok a few but not to dam bad. Tell your wife that you want to move to the other tropical weather place Florida where you can carry anywhere as long as it is not owned by the government. I have heard that the Laser Max is a Pain in the butt. However CT makes a set of laser grips for the XD .45acp

1 - 8 of 8 Posts