Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greets everyone, I'm not an XD owner (yet), but I will be in the next few weeks. I've been hanging out at my local gun shop and have fell in love with the XD's. Finally a gun that doesn't feel like I'm holding a 2x4 in my hand. There ARE alot of choices out there! So, I came here for some guidance. The guy at MLGS suggested that if I wanted night sights, it would be bettr to just go ahead (if I could afford) and buy the weapon with them already on it because it was a bear to have them added. This true?
Whats the big difference in XD & XDm? Seems to be a few for sale on the various forums with an ave price of 525. That about normal? Has anyone been seeing good deals at the local gun shows? The countdown to my new XD has started, I'll keep you posted!

·
Premium Member
128,267 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have three XDs, but no XDm's so I can't offer an informed opinion regarding that choice. Changing sights on XDs should be left to a competent gunsmith. I had TruGlo TFOs put on mine. Where are you in VA? I used to live in Yorktown.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern California! The feel of the XDs was the major thing that sold me on them. I'm not allowed to own the XDm where I live, so can't help you with that aspect, sorry. Again, welcome!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum. I have three XDs, but no XDm's so I can't offer an informed opinion regarding that choice. Changing sights on XDs should be left to a competent gunsmith. I had TruGlo TFOs put on mine. Where are you in VA? I used to live in Yorktown.
I'm in Richmond, but I drive the "hog" to the Yorktown pub all the time. Yorktown beach has changed so much over the years. I lived in Newport News back in the late 70's. It was the greatest place to live (back then), its a traffic nightmare now-a-days.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Why can't you own a XDm in CA? I know there are limitations on AR's out that way but didn't think there was for pistols. I only know that because I just bought one of those too! :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Welcome from another Richmonder!

Please let me know if I can assist you with any training needs.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sweet, I was looking for a Utah class close by, I see your site has a calendar, I might see you soon!
I do a Utah class every month, right at the Bass Pro Shop in Ashland. Check our calendar and you can register online for the class.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Colorado

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome from New Mexico.
You will not regret A XD or XDM purchase.

·
Premium Member
24,688 Posts
hello there

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.