Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm a new member, here in Maryland.

I am going to be purchasing an xD .45 caliber, full-size pistol in the next couple of weeks, so I hope to have it by the middle of November!

I took the online Maryland Handgun Safety Course, so I have that document laminated and in my wallet. Are there any other things I'll need to do before I get my xD? I am familiar with many types of guns, as I grew up with them in the house, and began firing them when I was 9 or 10 years old.

As for the specific weapon, are there any things I should look for? I plan on getting a couple of extra magazines, holster, gun safe, and of course, plenty of ammunition. Is there anything else I should pick up?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana! Sounds like you have everything covered.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm over in the People's Republic of Montgomery County. I usually go to On Target or Select Fire with a friend of mine.

-John

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!
Congrats on the new XD.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Welcome...and it sounds like you have everything but one...Cleaning equipment unless you have that already...

·
Premium Member
127,083 Posts
Welcome to the forum, John.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome from CT.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Get yourself a supertuck IWB holster they are the bomb. Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
Welcome from Nashville!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the warm welcome!

As for the supertuck ... MD is a tough state to get a carry permit for, so I think I'll stick to just the case it comes with, for now, although I'll keep the supertuck in mind!

-John

1 - 20 of 33 Posts