Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all;

I am new to the forums and I am also new to firearms. I know that it is not a conventional choice, but after much deliberation and research I settled on the .45acp caliber. I wanted to try to master a firearm that had some punch... but I digress. After only a few trials of the XD 9mm Tactical, I know that it will be next in the collection.

Once I put my hands on a Tactical 45 I was in love. I've put about 700 rounds through it in two weeks. Nobody warned me this hobby would turn into passion! And nobody said that this passion would be so expensive... but it is worth it.

Below you'll see the fruits of my labor (albeit a horrible display of scatter gunning). I will continue to practice until I can find a proper instructor. Not bad for a beginner I hope.

Cheers!

So, I went out again today and tried to implement the lessons that both Patriarch and Grout have given me on TS. I must say that I have improved appreciably but there is a lot to improve. Here are my best attempts (quarter is for reference):

7 Yards

10 Yards (These shots are shot from "low-ready" each time, except for the semi-auto which was done one after the other)

60 second limit

Semi-auto

15 Yards

I concentrated on closer ranges this time but I did fire at a few targets at 15 yards. Unfortunately, I had already fired over 150 rounds at this point so I was shaky. Here it goes anyways:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!! And yes great shooting!!! You and I are in love with the same woman, errrr, ummm...gun!!!! LOL!!!! 45 Tac is what I have too!!!:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,381 Posts
Welcome, nice shooting. Sounds like you'll be getting into re-loading soon, at least that will cut your costs over the long run;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for your kind words and warm welcome.

XD9Sub,

Funny thing is that I have started looking at reloading. To that purpose, I've started saving my spent cartridges. Got two hundred so far!

With the addition of the XD9 in the near future, I will definitely be looking to lessen the financial burden of buying ammo.

All this and it's only my second week of owning this firearm!

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Good shooting. Keep up the practice!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Good work, and Nice pick.. I have the tac and I really like it too..
Had a lot of work with a 1911 this shoots better and 13 rounds...
Did I mention 13 +1 Rounds.. LOL

Welcome fortinbras.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I love my XD45 Tactical. I changed the recoil rod for a ss rod and I have great 2nd follow up shots. It make the front end stay down and has less recoil. Good shooting and practice practice practice.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nice shootin' there. Enjoy your gun and your time with it.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Welcome. Reloading will give you even more satisfaction when you go shooting. You can taylor your loads to your specific firearm and it is just plain fun. I have two XDs, my first was the XD45 Service but since I got my XD45 Compact Tactical, the service sits in the gun locker now.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all very much for your encouragement and warm welcoming words. I'm fighting the urge of going back to the range this weekend but I think I might just buckle and put 100 more rounds down range!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts