Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Raleigh... just getting back into shooting after about a 7 year layoff. Moved to Raleigh from a small town in Indiana where I had 20+ acres to practice on and several local farmers I knew who allowed me to hunt from time to time... now... we live on a 1.5 acre lot in a development... can't go into my back yard and plink.... Motivated by impending changes in the political environment, I purchased an XD 40 at a gun show here in November (08) and picked up an RRA AR at a local gun shop in December. Still working out where I can go to get some practice and recreational shooting. Tried out a couple of gun shop gun ranges.. OK once in a while to shake the cobwebs out, but too restrictive and expensive. Give me some wide open spaces so I can try out the AR at 100+ yards.

Hope to pick up some good information on the XDs in this forum... I've put about 200 rounds through mine so far and love it.. has a great feel to it. Will be looking for other opportunities to get more practice and look for pointers on how best to handle it as well as suggestions for any accessories, such as optics, tactical lights, etc...

·
Premium Member
128,172 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can't blame you for not liking the city setting...

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
Hello and welcome from Wisconsin

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
be hard to leave 20 and now can;t shoot'give it alittle time go scout thte county side you'll find sometime.also WELCOME TO XD FORUMS FROM OKLAHOMA

·
Registered
950 Posts
Welcome from Iowa.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome from Durham, NC. Let me know if you find a place to shoot. I just bought a XD M 9mm, and have a Winchester Mod. 70, 30.06 that I would love to find a rifle range for.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Welcome to the forum from CT.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts