Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am joining you from NC where I purchased my fist Springfield on wednesday. Absolutely LOVE it so far!! Goign to get a chance to shoot it for the first time today......can't wait!!!

Not my first handgun though, little background, my first handgun, well, any gun at all was purchased 4 years ago. It was a nice little H&K P30 chambered in 9mm. Come a long way from that, bought a few glocks here and there, my 2 most recent were a glock 36 for CC, and a glock 30sf. I was kinda getting tired of blocks though, and decided to empty my safe of them, and get new carry pieces. I am 29 years young, married, and had my little guy turn one earlier this week. Life is good!!! Now my collection consists of a EDC LCP, a KelTec PF-9 that I just picked up, and an XD45c. The rifles/shotguns include a built up Savage 10FCP in .308, and AK47, a Benelli Nova 12 ga pump, and a few .22's, a Ruger 10/22, and a Marlin model 60c

I actually traded my 30sf straight up for the XD45c that I got. it was used, but it's not hurt at all. I would be surprised if it's had a box of 50 rounds put down the tube.

Here's a quick pic, and being it didn't come with a manual, I am going to search around to see if I can get any pointers for breaking it down for when I clean it. I am sure it is simple, like my glocks were. Just don't want to break anything doing it wrong!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,706 Posts
hello to ya

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome from Washington! Have you googled xd cleaning? I think I've seen a few you-tube videos on cleaning xd's.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcomes. Never thought to search youtube. So it's a little different, verify empty chamber, flip take down lever up, pull trigger, slide forward........my old glocks were, pull trigger, rack slide 1/4" back, hold 2 takedown levers down, slide comes forward.

Thanks! Now to shop around for some sites, as I have always had site with some tritium in them. Like the TruGlo TFO's.....

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Welcome from Washington!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts