Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I'm a new member from Las vegas Nevada getting my first xd tomorrow it's a 9mm tactical. Pretty excited to try a new gun everything I've owned prior was an m&p9 glock 19 and fnx45. So any tips or suggestions would be great thank you!!

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Texas!

Tips, suggestions? Run it like ya stole it! :p

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Hahaha thanks!! I plan on it. Any upgrades or anything?

A good set of night sights. Some people jump right to upgraded triggers. I don't since "stock" seems to work just fine for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Copy. It's all new to me I've handled one a few years ago but that's it I'm pretty much going in blind

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Georgia! I have the XDm 9mm 4.5 and have upgraded the sights to the Truglo TFO's.

·
Premium Member
127,988 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you all again for the warm welcome I picked of the xd yesterday afternoon will post pics after work!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Are the any common problems or issues that I might run into?

Welcome. All XD-XDM- have lifetime warranty with around two week wait time for most services and warranty repairs. If you plan on keeping this pistol and shooting often, I would defiantly, pick up a few striker roll pins, and a striker roll pin punch set. They tend to crack from the nature of it being contacted with the striker. There were cases of them cracking as little of 2500rds, with unknown amount of dryfires. Other then that these pistols are decently reliable. Also its recommended A new recoil assembly/guide rod after 3.5- 5k.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
All XD-XDM- have lifetime warranty with around two week wait time for most services and warranty repairs. If you plan on keeping this pistol and shooting often, I would defiantly, pick up a few striker roll pins, and a striker roll pin punch set. They tend to crack from the nature of it being contacted with the striker. There were cases of them cracking as little of 2500rds, with unknown amount of dryfires. Other then that these pistols are decently reliable. Also its recommended A new recoil assembly/guide rod after 5k.
Thank you!! I did not know they had a lifetime warranty that's great!! I have been reading the intro to xd thread and will be getting a few of those extra parts.

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts