Springfield XD Forum banner

New Member from East Texas

976 views 26 replies 25 participants last post by  Skip66 
#1 ·
Hello, My name is Steven, I reside in the NorthEastern part of Texas.

Found this site when I started looking at different pistols and since I am about to purchase a 3.8" .40S&W Compact XDM as a present to myself for my 21st B-day, which is next month, I decided to register and find out some more information about XD's.

Pretty much I am a full time student currently working on getting a associates in System Administration (Computer Servers and Networks), I then plan to get a Bachelors in Computer Science so I can then apply for the FBI. Would like to deal with cyber security and such.

The only other gun that I have personally bought was my Bravo Company Mid-Length AR that I have outfitted with Magpul and Troy gear, I bought that back in March and I am still buying stuff for it and changing it around. AR's are way to addicting.

Well I hope to learn a lot from here and I do have some questions that I need to ask, so I guess I am off to the other parts of the site.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forum from Farmersville, Tx., and to the Springfield family. Exactley where abouts ya from in N.E. Texas??

Make sure you subscribe to Social Group XD Talk of Texas. http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/groups/xd-talk-texas.html Even though I'm old enough to be your DAD, LOL!!!! I still want to keep up with my homies

#7 ·
Welcome Steven; think we've had a few conversations on Texas Gun Talk. You've come to the right place for XD/XDm info.

#10 ·
welcome from virginia. go out and test the gun if you havn't shot it before. don't want to have any regrets.... but im sure you'll love it

#13 ·
Welcome from Colorado

#17 ·
Hi Steven, welcome to the forum from Colorado

#19 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes form across the country!!!

And to answer some things, a couple of quotes.

Welcome to the forum from Farmersville, Tx., and to the Springfield family. Exactley where abouts ya from in N.E. Texas??

Make sure you subscribe to Social Group XD Talk of Texas. XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m) Information Source! - XD Talk of Texas Even though I'm old enough to be your DAD, LOL!!!! I still want to keep up with my homies
I am from the Tyler area, moved here for school and work.

Welcome Steven; think we've had a few conversations on Texas Gun Talk. You've come to the right place for XD/XDm info.
Yes it is possible, I used to really browse that forum, but left since a couple members started to annoy me with all the political side talk

welcome from virginia. go out and test the gun if you havn't shot it before. don't want to have any regrets.... but im sure you'll love it
I recently shot a friends 4.5" in the same caliber and loved it, out of all the handguns that I have shot, his XDm was by far my favorite, and I decided on the 3.8 since this will be my primary carry gun once I get to that stage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.