Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this thread and forums so I figured I'd start with what I came on here looking for in the first place. I'm currently in the market for an AK. I've done a little research and a little shopping around and it seems prices, brands, and accessories differ majorly
I'm not looking for AK for any reason. I just want one. You guys know this feeling.
Any advice on what to buy, where to buy it, how much u should spend, and what should I get with it? Thanks and I look forward to seeing the replies.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Watch some nutnfancy shooting his AK vids. There are a few vendors here that can guide to a good AK and maybe a good price if you find something you like. I would like to get one as well but I have already invested in my AR platform so its pretty low on the to buy list.
Good luck I think there is a forum called the AKfiles or something like that. It may give you some ideas.

·
Registered
6,156 Posts
It kind of depends on what you want to get out of it?

If you just want to have an AK for the sake of having an AK, then I would suggest you look for a WASR for aroudn $450ish right now.

Past that, I have been really happy with my Arsenal SLR-107, but that is about double the cost of the WASR.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I agree with the recommendation for a WASR-10! I got one as my first AK last year and it's been great so far! I paid $525 for mine and they can be found for similar prices. the N-PAPs or RAS-47s are good alternatives that can be found for similar prices. All are good entry-level AKs to help you break into the platform.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts