Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang,

just saying hello. Purchased my XDm .40 recently. Got the all black version. This is my newest and only new pistol. Have a few older guns - Ruger Mark I, Makarov .380 to name a few; have just gotten back into shooting. Got away from it for a while, but I'm back and forgot how much I missed it.

I live in Arlington Va, and shoot at the NRA range, or blue ridge arsenal in chantilly sometimes.

Thanks for reading!

-Nate

·
Premium Member
127,761 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Nate.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes.

Hah yeah I guess some spots of Arlington a CCW makes one feel slightly more secure, but I guess your trusty sidearm makes you feel more secure anywhere doesn't it?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for all the welcomes.

Hah yeah I guess some spots of Arlington a CCW makes one feel slightly more secure, but I guess your trusty sidearm makes you feel more secure anywhere doesn't it?
So true. I didn't mean to speak badly of Arlington, my experiences there weren't the best. I lived off of Four Mile Run Dr., and the bike trails behind my apartment were the scene for several vicious beatings, robberies, and murders while I lived there. Heck, there was a gunfight between police and gang bangers in my parking lot. I watched the whole thing unfold from my balcony.

The other side of Arlington is nicer.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Welcome from Indiana!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good Lord, i'd move too mfs! and no wonder you have your CCW.
I took no offense, so no worries, the whole DC area has some shady spots to say the least, but I live by Virginia Square - clarendon / ballston area. Relatively safe place.

Thanks for the additional welcomes as well guys.

-Nate

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey Nate! Welcome! I'm new tothe forum too. I live in DC. I'm interested in getting the XD 40 4"' barrell. I have to get the 10 round capacity model due to the DC law. I'm assuming the compact and the service version are essentially the same. Let me know how the gun shoots and handles. Take it easy.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts