Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!

I come from Croatia and I really like guns.
I am so proud to see and hear on this forum such compliments for the HS 2000.
I've purchased directly from factory HS-product a brand new HS 2000 9mm bi tone and I am very content.
I am member of one shooting club and I practice shooting when I catch time.
I noticed that here is a plenty experienced and competent people so I can learn about guns and shooting a lot.
I am shooting usually at 25 yards.
I hope we would exchange our opinions and experience about HS 2000.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Welcome ERO! :mrgreen:

How much does a HS cost in your country? Do you have a waiting period before you can take your pistol home? Can you conceal it on you? How is your gun laws?

I think 25 yards is too long a distance to practical pistol shooting, but if you can do it, then good for you!

again welcome! good to have a contact with a Croat 8)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome! Its kinda cool to hear about an xd/hs owner from the manufacturing country. So how much are hs2000's over there in US dollars?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for answers guys!

I know price for 9mm black one is around 600 dollars
and bi tone is about 650 dollars!
But in my country are high taxes for luxury products.
I payed my gun 650 dollars but from that price 250 dollars goes on taxes.

Our law regulations are very rigorous.
There is so much things to do before you can buy the gun (only for keeping in home and you can carry it on firing range).

If you want to carry gun with you loaded in holster it is very very difficult to get that licence.
I have licence to keep it at home and I can use it at the range!

When you demand licence for the gun police come to your place and talk to you. So then they judge about your competency to have it. Of course they're talking with your neighboors as well. After that you have to go on medical examination. Then you get licence for buying a gun.

When I got it I had driven to factory and bought the gun. I could take it with me right away. After that I had to go on police department to registrate it. That's about gun law in Croatia.

I shoot at 25 yards for precisely shooting, but I like to shoot rather at 15 yards.
When I shoot at 10 yards I am trying to shoot fast.

I can also practice my english now.

·
Premium Member
24,884 Posts
Your English is fine ERO, and a warm welcome to the forum. As you can see...I'm a fan of the original...

·
Premium Member
10,575 Posts
Welcome to another HS2Ker.

I would assume that you live in Zagreb, Karlovac
or Rijeka. If you live in Zagreb, I do hope that you
have visisted the new Hooter's which opened up there
somewhat recently. Good scencery.

Ed

·
Registered
62 Posts
Welcome! Your English is just fine, and we are thrilled to have you join us! As you noticed, we like the pistols the good folks of Croatia are sending to us!

·
Premium Member
5,749 Posts
Welcome to the HS/XD funhouse. We have one other member from Croatia that I know of that checks in now and then.
Next time your by the factory, or have an email address for them, let them know about our forum here. Maybe they will join it. Would be nice to have them to chat with here.
Happy Shooting!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I am a proud owner of a Generation 3 HS 2000. Your english is fine so dont worry about that. Hope you enjoy the site.
Mulder
Australia

·
Registered
28 Posts
Old School said:
Welcome to the forum. Does your HS2000 look like my wife's?

Dude if I saw a chick carrying an HS200 like that, I would almost cheat on my wife.... lol haha wife if your reading this, I'm just kidding.... :roll:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you guys for warm welcome!

Right now I haven't my camera 'cause I borrowed it to my brother.
But I'll put some pictures when I got camera back!

Yesterday I was on the range for a while. I enjoy shooting.
I could shoot so much bullets but who could afford that.
Bullets are quite expensive in Croatia! Chipest box with 50 bullets is about 11 dollars.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts