Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchase an XD40 sub compact and its my first pistol. Did i make the right decision? Any suggestions on ammunition i should use to break it in? Any ideas how to hook this baby up? Any info will help.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
welcome. i used/use winchester white box FMJ to get my pistols goin. sold at walmart and available most of the time. i have an XD9 sub compact, basically same gun as yours but in 9mil.

·
Premium Member
127,996 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Welcome sir...my EDC is an XD40SC...mine seems to like 180gr ammo more than 165...my wifeys full-size is opposite...I would say go out and grab a few different brands in a couple different grain weights and see what fits best for function and budget--stay away from TULammo and you should be fine...

as far as 'hookin it up' focus on ammo and magazines...shoot it a ton before you change anything

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes i do need magazines since im in CA. 10 is the max capacity in a mag. Yes i know horrible
They have a promo for 3 mag and 1 mag pouch deal which i will get my hands on. Most definately i will try the 180 grain. Other than that i am building an ar pistol i have my lower completed and its time to build an upper.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome sir...my EDC is an XD40SC...mine seems to like 180gr ammo more than 165...my wifeys full-size is opposite...I would say go out and grab a few different brands in a couple different grain weights and see what fits best for function and budget--stay away from TULammo and you should be fine...

as far as 'hookin it up' focus on ammo and magazines...shoot it a ton before you change anything
I will start off with 180 grain im thinking about using Federal. What is wrong with TULammo?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
nothing is wrong with TULA... i use 180gr tula when i can find it.. cause it shoots good and is cheap! Just my opinion... first off order yourself a hoster.. get either alien gear or firearmholster.com in my opinion.. HAPPY SHOOTING!

·
Registered
9,649 Posts
Your choice is fine. Just remember to practice, practice and when you have the time, practice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome from sunny Oregon, where it's 80º and beautiful today. Great choice of weapon there. I would agree with JeremyV, nothing wrong with TulAmmo, I've found it to be very successful in my XDS .45, no worries.

Good luck to you and your practicing. :)

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Welcome from Ohio, and the nice things about the XD line that I have found is they will eat almost anything you feed them.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome from SoCal. .....

I had great success with Winchester white box FMJ 165gr and 180gr

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome from Georgia

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I purchase an XD40 sub compact and its my first pistol. Did i make the right decision? Any suggestions on ammunition i should use to break it in? Any ideas how to hook this baby up? Any info will help.
Welcome from South Carolina...

As far as your decision, any pistol owned is a good decision! As long as it feels comfortable and feels like and extension to your hand...then I say you made a wise decision! Congrats on your purchase!

As for ammo... I use either Hornady Critical Defense or Critical Duty ad my defense rounds and feed it everything else for target plinking.

You may already know this but keep in mind that you may want to look for a plus P round since you have a sub-compact (short barrel pistol). :cool:

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Western Pa.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts