Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, everyone! I'm a rather new handgun shooter, and am planning to buy a XDm in the up coming weeks. I have several years of experience using shotguns and rifles (everything from carbines to bolt rifles) competitively, but up until recently have had very minimal handgun experience. When this dawned on me, I figured it was time to step it up a bit and become a more avid handgun shooter. With that said, I can't wait to learn all that I can from what, so far, seems to be a very positive and helpful group of people here!

Happy hunting,
Kelly

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wecome to the group from Washington State. Have you decided on which XDM you will purchase?
Actually, at the moment I haven't set my heart on any one in particular. I'm not a very big person, nor are my hands very large, so I'll probably be settling on the .40 over the .45 this time around (never been a big fan of the 9mm, no offence to anyone who uses a 9mm). I like the idea of a 4.5" over anything smaller, but I haven't really seen the 5.25" in comparison yet. If you have any suggestions I'd love to hear them :)

As it stands I'm really liking this one the most so far
Springfield Armory 40S&W XD M/4.5" Barrel/OD Green/Stainless

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Texas! :D You have come to the right place.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Welcome from Tucson!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Welcome from IL!

·
Premium Member
24,706 Posts
hello there