Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi group,
I'm in the process of choosing a 9mm auto, and stopped by the local range/store to look at their selection. After fondling a Glock 17, the guy behind the counter suggested I try the XD9 on for size. It felt great, and really agreed with my hands. I ended up renting it and putting a box of ammo through it, I really enjoyed it. Keep in mind I am a very inexperienced handgunner, but the XD9 really worked well for me. The trigger was fine, sights clear and usable (plain old stock sights), and I had a great time. One thing I noticed is that sometimes the slide wouldn't fully return to battery when loading a fresh mag, i'd occassionally have to push it ~1/8" forward to get the loaded chamber indicator up, I figured this was due to the gun being a dirty rental, anyone have this experience?

Here's a target, XD9 @ 20 feet, range ammo, first time shooting it, second time shooting a 9mm since ~1999

the range folks gave me some pointers, I'm using too much trigger finger, causing the groups to move right (i'm a lefty)

Any comments are welcomed, I think i'm hooked on this gun, bad news for my bank account :p

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think the cause of the gun not returning to battery was being dirty (like you suspected). When I first got my 1911 (used) it would do the same exact thing but after I gave it a thorough cleaning it has never done that again. Back on subject, I would definately get the XD. I've had my XD40 for about two months now with about 1,500 rounds through it and have yet to have any problems, not even a hiccup nor any problems with the finish.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts