Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard that the 9mm barrel will fit the .40 Tactical, is this the case? I figured I already had the .357 SIG option, but I load .40 and 9mm already.
BTW, I am Sturm at TFL, which was taken here and I am CZ 57 on the CZ Forum!

Thanks in advance! :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
EFK and BarSto both make 9mm conversion barrels for the 40. I have a BarSto semi drop-in for my 40 Tac and it works great.

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Don't think so. Think the factory 9mm barrel is a little smaller diameter that the 40. Someone did some measurements on them a while back but don't remember who it was and not sure that thread survived the hacker attack here earlier this year.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I read earliar dont remember where of course, someone said they had a sub compact 40 and there friend had a sub compact 9, and he said they swapped barrels and put them back together, but didn't fire of them because they where affraid, lol. I would have been too.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
XD 40 mike said:
I read earliar dont remember where of course, someone said they had a sub compact 40 and there friend had a sub compact 9, and he said they swapped barrels and put them back together, but didn't fire of them because they where affraid, lol. I would have been too.
They will fit, but its a matter if they function right or not. I would stick to conversion barrels if you are you are dropping doens to smaller cartridges.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes. The post I read on this forum yesterday, the person said he swapped them fine. BUT DID NOT FIRE THEM. Incase you explode your gun, please don't blame me, I am not sure if they would be preassurized correctly, maybe though... 8) Be careful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts