Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new XD and 3 high cap mags

they are so stiff, max I can load is about 8-9

in fact I though I was justa wimp, so when my coworker arrived at the range I told him to load a mag and take a test drive with my new XD he jumped a the chance. I watched as he loaded up 4,5,6,....7,............8...................what the @#$%#@ is up with this mag

are they always this stiff, all 3 act the same way
What can I do to break these mags in

I use wilson combat mags in my 1911

I love this XD 40

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Pop the magazines apart and make sure the springs are in right. Maybe they got put in backward and are the cause of the problem? Most likely though they are just really stiff. I got me one of the HKS magazine speed loaders and that helped a lot getting the last few round in the magazines. They do loosen up with use.

Just and idea
mcb

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAS ANY ONE TRIED THE MAG LOADED IN PISTOL GEAR
THE ONE THAT SAYS IT WORKS FOR 1911 ALSO?

Thank you again for your help
pm

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had the same question awhile back. As every one who's responded said, they will get easier to load after being used (loaded and unloaded). I did buy the HKS loader and used it a few times but I can now load the full magazines by hand (which are somewhat arthritic) with no problem. If you're loading quite a few magazines the loader would be handy. If you can wait until you've "cycled" the mags enough, I don't think you'll need a loader.

WyoBob

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may get a loader to get me to the "broken in" condition faster

·
Registered
49 Posts
ive noticed the same thing with the used xd 9 i just bought.. i had a hell of a time getting 6 into the mags.. .. they just arent broken in yet . once i got them home i was able to get ten into them though.. would it help or hurt anything to let them sit for a few days with full mags? maybe break them in a bit sooner?

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
....to Springfield response was yes we are aware of this they will get better they they told me to goto cheaperthandirt.com and buy a mag loader.

well I wont be buying a mag loader from them but I will get one from

www.pistol-gear.com

ps at the range today 150 more rounds and they are getting better

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
magloader and another 250 rounds

getting better all the time

·
Registered
245 Posts
Same here.....I could only squeeze in 9 rds in both of my hi-cap .40 :x
Guess I'll let'em set for awhile and see if that helps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts