Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Tango Down has been working with WARCOM / USSOCOM for several years on the new Tango Down ARC AR15 magazine. It is in the final stages of government testing right now. Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those may not be the final production mags, but I agree, they look like crap. Ill stick to the Lancer L5's and Pmags.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not only are they ugly, but it appears that they have a 2 piece mag body. It looks from the pics that the top portion of the mag body locks into the lower part with some tabs. That seems like a recipe for failure. I think I'll stick with my PMAGs.

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Not only are they ugly, but it appears that they have a 2 piece mag body. It looks from the pics that the top portion of the mag body locks into the lower part with some tabs. That seems like a recipe for failure. I think I'll stick with my PMAGs.

Ever look at how the bottom of a Lancer mag is connected to the body ? ;)

I'm looking forward to something new. :cool:
TangoDown puts out great products.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ever look at how the bottom of a Lancer mag is connected to the body ? ;)

I'm looking forward to something new. :cool:
TangoDown puts out great products.
Nope. All my mags are either USGI or PMAG.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yup, the L5's have that same lip on the mag body.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Uhhhhh, beauty is in the eye of the beholder?
Beauty is only skin deep. If they work and are price competitive, I'm good w/that!
A lot of people think our Ar's and our XD's are fugly.
They just ain't held one!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Yup, the L5's have that same lip on the mag body.
The lip is not what I'm talking about. Look just below the lip on the original pic. There are tabs sticking through holes that seem to connect the black top half to the colored bottom half.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I kinda like the way they look.

I only have metal mags. Do the polymer ones take up more space and not slide out of pouches as easily as flat metal mags? That seems like a problem that would occur with these. They look like they will get hung up.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
They look like blocks

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I could go for a waffle right now, preferably Belgium.

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Unless they offer any great advantages, I will stick with pmags.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
In looking at the pic...I have some concerns.

First, it definitely appears to be a 2-pc design with the black "feed tower" portion of the mag with a seperate lower mag body. Not necessarily a bad design, but what worries me are the holes in the lower mag body that the upper assembly appears to "snap" into using four tab slots (2 on each side) of the lower body. Seems like a weak design to me. Also, note that there is NO FLOORPLATE on these mags. I assume you have to disassemble them by depressing the tabs and seperating the upper and lower mag body halves.

Weird, but interesting. Something new to watch for.

I'll be interested to see the final production version and I'll reserve judgment until I or someone else has had the chance to put these mags through their paces.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts