Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the local gun/ sporting goods store, and saw a new M1 on the shelf. It is not an original, but a new release. The stock has a wood look but, is a composite material. It is chambered in .308, and made by springfield armory.

Is anyone familar with this weapon? If so does it acheive the same great quality of the original, or is it just an attempt by Springfield to seperate us from our money with a cheap (not so cheap $1100.00) knock off?

Let me know because I am considering one in the future. I would rather have an original, but have not been able to find one.
Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Order one:

Rifle Sales

You have to join a CMP "affiliated" group and send in some other paperwork but it is easy. I joined the "Garand Collectors Association", cost $25 for a year membership. This also qualifies you for ordering the surplus ammo. Or, if you are anywhere near Anniston, AL, or Camp Perry, OH, you can go to the store and pick one out. Any questions, just ask.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
Order one:

Rifle Sales

You have to join a CMP "affiliated" group and send in some other paperwork but it is easy. I joined the "Garand Collectors Association", cost $25 for a year membership. This also qualifies you for ordering the surplus ammo. Or, if you are anywhere near Anniston, AL, or Camp Perry, OH, you can go to the store and pick one out. Any questions, just ask.

thats where mine came from and i love it

next order of business is get Hillary out of the State Dept so we can bring back more of the lend lease Garands from Korea

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
not even close to original quality. cast receiver. the new Springfield inc made new ones but they did not have fake stocks. they were wood. they did make them in 308. the stock is not original. There way over priced you can buy a real one in new condition for that price.

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
so whats the word? did you buy one?

·
Registered
936 Posts
1100? an original can be had in GREAT condition for that price.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have three Correct grade M1s from the CMP and all are outstanding. They all showed virtually no wear at all, are correct and shoot lights out. Paid 950.00 for the first one and 1100.00 for the last two. That was over a year ago but haven't seen that kind of quality anywhere else for the money. The last two I got looked like they were fired at the factory, sent to the Greek AF, placed in an arsenal and never touched prior to my receiving them. Just very minor stock dings from storage. Absolutely no wear on the metal at all. Hell of a deal!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Get an original, I purchased a SG HRA last year for $825 to my door and it came with a hard case

1 - 9 of 9 Posts