Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I know there are a few of these on here but I am getting pissed trying to search through them all. I have gone through a few that I picked up locally and they are all stretched out after a year, and aren't really safe to carry with.

My Kimber Stainless II needs new leather to ride around in.
My simple requirements:
- Right hand draw
- OWB
- Black or brown
- 1.5 inch belt loops
- No thumb straps allowed
- Reinforced mouth is a bonus
- I have a roughly $100-125 budget

I am to a point where I am also considering Comp-Tac and Blade-Tech as well to replace my Serpa. Links would be much appreciated as is personal experience with said holsters.

Sincerely,

Your neighborhood friendly Vandal

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I've carried my 1911 in a Bianchi professional IWB for the last few years it works real well and with a good belt it stays put. On the more expensive side I've heard really great things about the milt sparks versa max.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Of those I have tried so far, I have been most impressed with the Milt Sparks Axiom. It is a very solid holster, but the wait for it is quite lengthy. I have a TT Gunleather ordered that I am still waiting on that I think will be very nice as well. Both of those will be right close to your price limit.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
D. M. Bullard holsters are top notch and in your price range. Current lead time is 16-20 weeks but well worth the wait.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
El Paso Saddlery "#88 Street Combat" holster.

Made in far West Texas by a 100 year old company that knows what gun leather should look and feel like.

Very high quality, too. I have several of their holsters and love them.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
El Paso Saddlery "#88 Street Combat" holster.

Made in far West Texas by a 100 year old company that knows what gun leather should look and feel like.

Very high quality, too. I have several of their holsters and love them.

- brickboy240
Great stuff.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Has anybody else been to El Paso Saddlery's shop?

My sister in law's family lives in El Paso, so I got to travel there a few years ago. On a slow afternoon...we ventured down to the old town and visited their shop.

The place is practically a museum. They have been in the same location for over 100 years. EPS has built holsters and saddles for Texas Rangers and built holsters for George Patton, back when he was serving along the Mexican border. There are photos on their walls of Gen. Patton, Frank Hamer and other Texas Rangers, John Wesley Hardin and many other figures in history. Pancho Villa and Emiliano Zapata used to wander this street as well.

Every gun writer you can imagine, has ordered holsters from these guys and many have their photos on the wall, when they came to visit. That list includes Jeff Cooper and Skeeter Skelton.

If you buy from El Paso Saddlery, you are buying a piece of history. They make your holster after you order it and I saw first hand that everything there is made by hand. Old school quality and ways of construction. I swear....it was like a trip back in time.

I don't work for them...just a happy owner of a few of their products and was amazed at their operation and how it has stood the test of time.

I plan on buying another EPS holster real soon and look forward to owning another piece of their handiwork. Nothing else like it.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
220 Posts
Alright, I know there are a few of these on here but I am getting pissed trying to search through them all. I have gone through a few that I picked up locally and they are all stretched out after a year, and aren't really safe to carry with.

My Kimber Stainless II needs new leather to ride around in.
My simple requirements:
- Right hand draw
- OWB
- Black or brown
- 1.5 inch belt loops
- No thumb straps allowed
- Reinforced mouth is a bonus
- I have a roughly $100-125 budget

I am to a point where I am also considering Comp-Tac and Blade-Tech as well to replace my Serpa. Links would be much appreciated as is personal experience with said holsters.

Sincerely,

Your neighborhood friendly Vandal

I have been using a PR Smith for my EDC. Gotta say - it's holding up really well. It looks good enough for OC (which is about 70% of the time) and holds my Kimber Ultra Carry TLE II close enough for a flip over CC when necessary.
P. R. Smith Holsters

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I'm having a custom holster made for my 1911. It's still a few weeks out so I can't speak to the quality and durability yet, but I know the guy who's making it and I'm 100% confident that it will be a fine piece of craftsmanship.

ST Leathercraft is the name of the business that's making my holster: ST Leathercraft - Home Page

·
Registered
29,731 Posts
Well, I'm not reading impared and saw your OWB requirement...

Look at a Bianchi Carrylok. I've been carrying my Baer in one lately, and like it a lot...and it's a much better choice than a Serpa.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts