Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I figured it was time for me to get into the 1911 club. Been talking to my wife for at least 6 months and saying non-stop that I want one to go in the safe. This morning I sold my XD40sc (something I said I would never do). Decided it would be a good way to pass some time and run out to the LGS (about an hour away) and check some prices so I have an idea on how much more I need to save up. They had a pretty decent stock of 1911's and I had it set that I want either a RO, Kimber Tactical Custom HD II, or a Kimber Raptor II. Asked about the RO nothing in stock and there is a 20 person wait list, asked about the Tactical no go 3-12 month wait, then asked about the Raptor. It was in stock (Blued 5in) got the price and BS'd with the sales clerk who I talk to all the time I am down there.

I get home and I wait for the Wife to get home from helping her cousin with high school finals. We get to talking and I tell her what the guy told me at the gun shop. They had ordered the Raptor 5in about 8 months ago and just got it in stock a few weeks ago. We got talking about passing up the deal and probably missing out on the Kimber and then having to go through Gun Broker to get it in a few months. What shocked me was what came out of my Wifes mouth "Well if they have it in stock now and its the one you want go put a deposit on it" I told her they will allow it but its only a 30 day layaway. No way could I come up with close to 800 in the next 30 days. Her next comment just about gave me a heart attack "Well we can take some money out of the savings account and just get it paid for so you don't miss out on it" I was floored told her are you sure?

Well she was sure and we made the trek back down to the LGS and paid for the Kimber Raptor II. I pick it up Tuesday. This latest gun adventure has cemented the reasons I love my Wife! Sorry for the long winded post but figured you guys would like a story to go with a new 1911 owner. Im sure Ill be around more asking stupid questions. Don't worry Ill search first.

Oh and another thing sorry guys she doesn't have any sisters, only a brother and I doubt he swings that way...lol

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
And there goes his money... he'll have to feed the habit now. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And there goes his money... he'll have to feed the habit now. :rolleyes:
Not gonna argue on that point lol. I cant wait for Tuesday when i can go pick it up. Just have to figure out when a range trip can be fit into the schedule lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats on the new pistol.

·
Premium Member
21,763 Posts
Pics?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pics will arrive Tuesday, i tried to sneak some before i left the shop but i got yelled at for asking (i understand that point he made and didnt argue lol)

·
Premium Member
21,763 Posts
pics will arrive Tuesday, i tried to sneak some before i left the shop but i got yelled at for asking (i understand that point he made and didnt argue lol)
Huge fan of Kimbers so ......

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

hopefully that will tide you over for a couple of days, its somewhat working for me but id rather have the real thing lol

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I'm always hearing "this thread is useless without pics" or "pics or it didn't happen"

To fix those issues here is a pic lol

·
Premium Member
21,763 Posts
So I'm always hearing "this thread is useless without pics" or "pics or it didn't happen"

To fix those issues here is a pic lol

SEXY:twisted::twisted::twisted:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Holy Cow...I think I just got a chubby.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Oh great, now there's another gun I want!
:-x

That's SWEEEET!
;)

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys! I'm eagerly awaiting a range trip... hopefully in the next week or two!

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats on the good looking Raptor...:) I backordered one and when it didn't arrive after 5 months, I cancelled...

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
That is nice..
I almost had myself talked out of buying an STI Guardian.
But your pics make me want it again...:confused:

What to do?
What to do?.........:neutral:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts