Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After much debate over a pocket pistol, I finally picked this gun up. So far, I love it. I was amazed at how easy it was to shoot accurately. I haven't owned many small guns like this, but it is infinitely easier to shoot than the 642 S&W that I used to own.

I had originally planned on going with a PM9, but because of my weekly attire (dress slacks and long sleeved button up), I needed something that could go in my pocket and disappear. IWB or any other method is not feasible for my m-f dress. Granted, a PM9 could have "fit" into my pocket, but IMO those guns are not true pocket pistols.

I shot 100 rounds of range ammo through it with only 2 failures. I'm not worried, because my Sig P220 and Glock 26 both had a couple of failures in the first 200 rounds or so. My Sig actually had 5 or 6, I believe. After the break-in, it was smooth sailing so I'm hoping that's going to be the case with my Kahr.

The .380 ammo wasn't too pricey - 16 bucks for a box of 50 is fine by me. Again, this isn't going to be a range gun, so I don't expect to be putting thousands of rounds through this.

All in all, I'm very happy with the purchase. The only negative is that the texture on the front strap and back strap is very aggressive. It digs into your hand. Tomorrow I will be fitting a bike inner-tube around the handle as a make-shift grip (can't beat a 3 dollar grip) before going to the range to complete the break-in period. I will post another update with pictures for those that are interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yessir! I've had mine for about a year and carry it most every day in a back pocket holster from Kramer.

Mine has the Trijicon sights which are far and away better than the sights on my Ruger LCP which the Kahr replaced. It does tend to shoot a bit low but we're only talking about 2 " at 7-8 yards.

The only modifications I've done to mine are 1.) trimmed the front of the magazine floorplates, as they tended to extend forward of the bottom of the grip kind of digging in to the middle of my 4th finger. 2.) The gun has a very fine bead blasted finish on the slide. I like more of a "brushed" look so I gave the sides of the slide a brushed stainless finish. Did it by putting each side of the slide on a flat surface (ok, the bathrooom mirror!) and sliding it back and forth. Turned out great!.

·
Registered
895 Posts
johnnyk said:
Yessir! I've had mine for about a year and carry it most every day in a back pocket holster from Kramer.

Mine has the Trijicon sights which are far and away better than the sights on my Ruger LCP which the Kahr replaced. It does tend to shoot a bit low but we're only talking about 2 " at 7-8 yards.

The only modifications I've done to mine are 1.) trimmed the front of the magazine floorplates, as they tended to extend forward of the bottom of the grip kind of digging in to the middle of my 4th finger. 2.) The gun has a very fine bead blasted finish on the slide. I like more of a "brushed" look so I gave the sides of the slide a brushed stainless finish. Did it by putting each side of the slide on a flat surface (ok, the bathrooom mirror!) and sliding it back and forth. Turned out great!.
Any pics? Sounds cool.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Love my p380, have shot over 450 rds through. remington,winchester,pmc,federal FMJs and Golden Sabre HPs through it and no failures what so ever. Dropped a mag in the sand loaded and slapped her in the gun and it chugged along. Super accurate for the barrel length and not too snappy. Had a pf9, and not a big fan, ton of failures after a few hundred rounds and sent her down the road. Like the 9 over the 380 but this little girl goes everywhere and no one knows the wiser :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts