Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
127,440 Posts
Great video! Thanks for sharing it with us.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sweet video I need to get out and try some of that idpa stuff and so being a pansy about it, what song was that by the way?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Looks like fun! I just got my XDM in today, first gun I've ever owned

As soon as I start getting half decent at shooting it I'd like to try some of these matches for fun. I live in St Pete but I'm in Orlando 2-4 days a week. How often do they have these matches? I'd like to come out and just watch sometime.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks like fun! I just got my XDM in today, first gun I've ever owned

As soon as I start getting half decent at shooting it I'd like to try some of these matches for fun. I live in St Pete but I'm in Orlando 2-4 days a week. How often do they have these matches? I'd like to come out and just watch sometime.

First Sunday of the month. Check out Home Page. You will have a blast.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Looked like a lot of fun and some good stages. Quick question though; 1st stage you shot targets from far to near. Was that in the stage description? "Tactical" would be near to far; right? Where I shoot that would have earned me a PE.

Good job; keep it up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Looked like a lot of fun and some good stages. Quick question though; 1st stage you shot targets from far to near. Was that in the stage description? "Tactical" would be near to far; right? Where I shoot that would have earned me a PE.

Good job; keep it up.
That first stage was supposed to simulate someone on drugs running at you at different stages... so that why he went far to close, with the closest target requiring at least one head shot to stop a target on drugs...

otherwise yes tactical engagement would be near to far.

·
Registered
224 Posts
awesome man thanks

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Nice, Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
895 Posts
very cool video, the hat cam view gives a good perspective for someone whos never shot at a match. looks like loads of fun, good shootin!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
This may sound like a stupid question, but, in matches and classes I always see people rack the slide to release it after inserting a new mag instead of using the slide release lever. What is the purpose of doing it this way?

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
That method is most commonly taught in defensive training classes. Much easier to use in a high stress situation versus the fine motor skills of finding and releasing the slide release. Most of the comp shooters I know usually use the slide release since it takes less time and lost time on a reload is your enemy. My XD's and M&P comp guns allow me to slam a new mag in and the slide releases on it's own.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts